Wednesday, June 1, 2016

SIP50 and MM207 Santa's Bag


Happy Wednesday, peeps!  I realized I was falling behind on my Christmas card stamping, so I checked out a couple of challenges and went to work!  The Merry Monday challenge this week is Santa's sack, and the Stamp Ink Paper challenge has a wonderful sketch!

SIP Sketch Challenge 50 800

I remembered this silhouette image I had from Katy Sue Designs (Santa), so I stamped Santa with his sack in Cherry Cobbler on some Very Vanilla cardstock and fussy-cut him out.  The papers are from MME's Vintage Christmas 6x6 pad:


and I stamped the reindeer and sleigh image from SU's Cozy Christmas in Sahara Sand ink behind the Santa before I popped him up with some dimensionals.  The tiny sentiment is from Our Daily Bread Designs:


I also added a couple of die-cut pine boughs (Poppystamps) and some SU twine:


Another one added to the stash!

Cassidy found some tiny wild strawberries growing in the yard and thought they would be fun to pick for her baby dolls!




They're cute, but NOT very tasty!  Enjoy your day!

17 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Super fun creation LeAnne! :) I just love the layout and the Christmas bingo behind silhouette Santa!! Super cute design! We have been getting some nice strawberries in our garden if we can keep those squirrels out of them!! LOL!!

Tina's Crop Shop said...

Wow LeAnne, LOVE your beautifully designed Christmas cards! I may even have to try to get my hands on those awesome pine bough dies! Thanks so much for joining us at Stamp, Ink, Paper for our sketch challenge this week!

Bonnie said...

Love your Santa and how you've stamped the sleigh and reindeer in the background! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday! Always love to see you in the gallery!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous vintage Santa - love him in the red ink! So great with the bingo paper and sleigh/reindeer behind!

Lisa Elton said...

I like the mix of patterns and the little pine sprigs! This is beautiful LeAnne. I didn't know there were strawberries that tiny!! Too bad they don't taste good, think how many you could eat LOL!!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card!! I always mean to get a jump start on Christmas cards, but I never seem to.....this inspires me, though!! I love all the details to your card, and the mix of papers you used. Just beautiful!! Thank you for joining us at Stamp, Ink, Paper!!

Gingin said...

Love your Christmas card LeAnne!! The sled stamp is perfect behind your Santa image! I have that MME paper and love it. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Stamp Ink Paper:)

blushingwhiterose said...

That's a really pretty card! I love the traditional colours!
And your little girl is gorgeous too!

Piglet
pysselsystrarna.se

conil said...

Oh boy, you're a whiz with patterned paper. The way you've layered it to showcase Santa and his bag is terrific. Especially love that you included the sleigh and reindeer...perfect touch.

Fabiola said...

wow LeAnne, elle est superbe comme toujours, biz

Notes by Nina said...

Wonderful card Leanne, I love the layout and your silhouette Santa. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Susan Joyce said...

Great vintage feel to your card LeAnne, love the Santa image. Thanks for playing at Merry Monday.

Maggie Mata said...

Every detail and embellishment of your card is perfection! Thank you for reminding us that Christmas really is just right around the corner. Perfect timing to enter your card in the Stamp Ink Paper sketch challenge too! =)

JanTink said...

Great Christmas card! Thanks for playing along with the Stamp Ink Paper challenge!

Dena Rekow said...

Love your card! Even though I can't even think about Christmas right now, I love what you've created! Thanks so much for joining us at Stamp Ink Paper Challenge this week!

Anonymous said...

LeAnne,
Very nice nostalgic feel to your card, love all the details! Yummy... strawberries, wish I was one of her Baby Dolls!

Karen Davis said...

Hi LeAnne, I love the colours you have used. The santa stamp is a lovely vintage santa and I like the slightly distressed papers too.