Thursday, June 2, 2016

CYCI122




Happy Thursday, everyone!  A quick little card (I seem to be doing more & more of them lately) using the Can You Case It sketch:

Sketch2015-001

and a couple of new products from the new SU catalog!  First, I just have to confess that I am not always a big fan of the preorder products that SU offers for the demonstrators.  I despise only having a few stamp sets from which to choose, and then the stamping blog world is inundated with tons of creations all using the same sets. I was on the fence about the Affectionately Yours DSP as well, but I challenged myself to use it and LIKE it, LOL!  I chose one of the smaller, more subtle patterns, and since it was so "soft", I thought I would accent it with some bold embellishments!  So here we go:


I started with a card base of Crumb Cake that I trimmed a little narrower than the standard size so that I could let my big bold Flirty Flamingo flower (Flower Patch) hang over the edge a bit.  I stamped it with Versamark on Flirty Flamingo cardstock and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.  I added some ruched ribbon, and then finished it off with a diecut "thanks"....three of them, actually, all adhered together, then smooshed into a Versamark pad and heat embossed with black embossing powder:


I dry embossed the bottom portion of the card with the large polka dot EF, added a glimmer brad to the flower and called it done!  I love the glossiness of the embossing....really makes things pop!  And I am always needing thank you cards for my customers, so this will come in handy!

Cassidy took a little boat ride over the weekend...do you think she enjoyed it?


Thanks for popping in today!

7 comments:

Kayla said...

Very pretty card, LeAnne! I love the bold black with the pink, and better yet, I haven't seen anything like it yet.

Dawn Tidd said...

Striking card, LeAnne! I really like this paper, I ordered it too, and seems like it may be popular. I love it paired with the Crumb Cake and the that big bold sentiment! I think Cassidy definitely looks like she's having fun. :)

Jeanne Bobish said...

Great card! Love the colors you chose and how you used the embossing!

Eva Bussom said...

LeAnne, this is beautiful! Love the layering and embossing you did on the sentiment die! Thanks for joining CYCI :) Eva

Jen Mitchell said...

That bold sentiment is something else! I love that it is shiny and how it looks with the Flirty Flamingo!

Lisa Elton said...

Love the glossy black die cut sentiment!! This is such a pretty card. You know you had me with those big embossed polka dots!! Yep, she looks like she was tickled pink to be on that boat!!

Amber said...

Leanne you really chose some wonderful colours to work with this week for the challenge! Your card is awesome!