Saturday, June 11, 2016

Frosty the Snowman


Happy Saturday, all!  Phew, it's getting hot and I cooled off today by stamping another Christmas card, LOL!  This one uses the colors from ColourQ as well as the "Frosty" challenge from Jingle Belles:

I love this snowman image from Artistic Outpost (Frosty & Friends) but sometimes I struggle with what to do with it!  I tried really hard to use white on my card, but in the end, I had to go with Vanilla, because with that rustic very cool DSP (SU's Serene Scenery), I just needed Vanilla!  So here we go:


I stamped the image in Soft Suede, then used Bordering Blue and Taken with Teal inks to color his scarf and the bird.  I stamped the hat in Basic Gray and cut it out, sponging it a bit for some dimension.  Finally, I stamped the mitten in Soft Suede on Bordering Blue cardstock and cut it out too, adding some dimension with some BB ink and a blender pen:


I added a diecut Christmas sentiment from Simon Says Stamp (Deco Tree) and a liberal sprinkling of Dazzling Diamonds!  It all went on a Soft Suede card base!

'Tis the season....for carnivals, that is:



Lots of fun but a long night for a little girl!

Thanks for popping in!



9 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Wow this little guy is adorable! Love this card! Miss C looks like she is having fun!

Jen Mitchell said...

Oh, wow. I never would have thought to use these colors for a Christmas card but they work perfectly! This is a wonderful blend of whimsical and vintage!

Dawn Tidd said...

You rocked that color challenge, LeAnne! Everything goes together perfectly! Cassidy looks like the late night didn't phase her…at least in this picture!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love this LeAnne - I need to look more closely at that paper stack - such a fab background paper!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh is he a delightful frosty fella or what!! This is adorable LeAnne. Thanks for joining us at ColourQ!

SmilynStef said...

I love that Frosty ... and your addition of color really makes him pop ... so glad you helped us celebrate snowmen at Jingle Belles.

Margaret said...

Truly a jolly Frosty!

lauren bergold said...

what a fun and fabulous card, i love that uber-cute snow dude and you've done an utterly brilliant job with the palette and inspiration! wow! love this! thanks for celebrating all things cool and wintery with us at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

Kim Heggins said...

Wonderful card...just love your sweet snowman! Thanks so much for playing along with us at ColourQ!