Sunday, June 5, 2016

PP298 for Father's Day


Hi peeps!  It's Sunday...rainy Sunday....and time for another Paper Players challenge; this go-round features Claire as our hostess with a Father's Day challenge:


I combined my card with the Pals Paper Arts color challenge as well, because I LOVE these colors:

Pals Paper Arts Color Challenge #PPA303

So here we go! I've combined two new sets; one is a Stampin' Up set called Labeler Alphabet, and the other is a new-to-me set from Artistic Outpost called Bottle Caps!  See if you get the pun:


Aren't these cute pop tops?  I stamped the entire stamp (it's one big background stamp) in Sahara Sand on a white card base, then stamped the images again in Night of Navy and Mint Macaron, and punched out individual caps and glued them on:




The Labeler Alphabet comes with two sets of fonts...the block style here , and a plain alphabet, as well as lots of symbols.  They're fairly easy to line up, but even if you don't get them perfectly even, I love the effect and I think it works perfectly with these vintage images!  I added a little Mint Macaron baker's twine from a Paper Pumpkin kit:


and I created my inside sentiment the same way, and added a few of the leftover bottle caps on the inside!  John calls his stepdad "Poppa", so this card will be going to him in a couple of weeks!


Be sure to "pop" on over to the PP blog where you can see all the DT's creations, or check them out here, and be sure to share your Father's Day projects with us as well:

 Friday was rainy and wet, the perfect weather for our local snapping turtle to make its yearly trek from across the road where our neighbor has a pond (we saw it there on Thursday, as a matter of fact), up through our yard and back to the creek that runs behind our house.  We're not quite sure why it does this; seems like the pond or the swamp in front of our property would be a happier home for it. But anyway, we donned our boots and raingear and went out to check it out:

 


We're not sure if it's a male or female, but either way, it wasn't too happy with us!


After my reassurance that if she touched the back of its shell, it wouldn't bite her, Cassidy bravely reached out to touch it!


A few minutes later, it turned around and went back across the swamp, across the road, and back to the pond.  I guess it was just taking a walk in the rain, LOL!

Enjoy your day!

13 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Fabulous card, LeAnne and lovely colors, and what could be more perfect than those caps for one's Pop! Yikes! if that's a snapper - be really careful, Cassidy - could she have been laying her eggs by you? How cool would that be?
=]

Frenchie said...

MsLeeAnn, nnnnnnnnn, she's modoeling, noooooo, she growing up ....... That's so sad where our little Cassady, that was cute with the turtle, we get them like that , they can get big , lol.
And your card is so cute , so hard to make men cards ,
Ok you all have a wonderful Sunday, and still trying to get my hubby well,
Thank you,
Hugs Frenchie ❤️❤️

Windy Ellard said...

I first saw your card over at PP this am and thought what an awesome card...so cool! Love the inside and the colors really rock together here..thanks for playing along with the Pals color challenge too!

Bananastamper said...

Love this, too fun! Fun colours as well as a funky alpha. :) Gotta remember this fun Pun - we call me Dad "Papa" and my nephew calls him "Pops", so this idea would be perfect. It has been rainy here too - hooray for time in the craft room. I managed to get my Dad's card done - earlier than usual. :)
Cheers,
Shanna :)

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, I got a little teary when I spotted your card. My boys always called my Daddy "Pop"! Such a fun, creative card! I love the color combo, too! You certainly pulled at my heart strings with this on!
I love your little visitor! Oh my, Cassidy is adorable chasing the turtle down! XXX

Linda Callahan said...

That is one fabulous background stamp! I love everything about this card! My kids called my dad Pop as well! And that is one big turtle!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh those bottle caps are too fun!! This is a terrific Father's Day card LeAnne!! Love that brave little hand reaching out to the turtle shell!!

Brent Scheffer said...

The bottle cap theme works very well! The use of the bottle cap theme with the current color theme gives the card a real vintage feel. Great card!

laurie said...

What a super fun card LeAnne! I love those bottle caps...so cute, and I love how you used them here..so creative.

I just have so much fun visiting your blog and seeing what Cassidy is up too. Brings back the days when my kids were young:)

Peggy Noe said...

What a darling card Leanne! Perfect for a dad. Love the bottle caps and the way you alternated the colors! Thanks so much for playing with us this week at the Pals Paper Arts Color Challenge!

Nance Leedy said...

I just LOVE this, LeAnne! The play on words is fantastic and it's a brilliant use of the colors. Love seeing the new labeler stamp set too!

Colleen Begley said...

Cute, cute, cute stamp set and perfect for a funny (and punny) Father's Day card. Love how you changed up the colors on the images too.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love that funny, punny Father's Day card LeAnne - cool custom sentiment and looks great in those colours! Fun turtle pics too!