Sunday, April 27, 2014

Paper Players 193

DSCF2391 

Hi everyone!  It’s Sunday, and time for another Paper Players challenge!  Anne Marie has created a lovely sketch….I just love this!  What do you think?

I pulled out one of my favorite sets that is sadly retiring, Creative Elements, to create my card today:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Paper Players 193 Creative Elements Stampin Up    

I used the color palette from Color Throwdown 289:


I wasn’t too sure about them at first, but in the end, I thought the combination was pretty!  I began by wheeling the Blushing Bride background with the Shop Around jumbo wheel (also retiring) and mounting it on a Very Vanilla card.  The left panel was stamped with a couple of the elements from the set in Perfect Plum; then I stamped the flower once on a circular panel,  stamped it twice again on scraps, cutting them out and sponging them for some dimension:

   DSCF2395

I also stamped on the Wild Wasabi DP:

DSCF2396

and added a little banner with the “hi” from Fabulous Phrases and Crochet Trim (yep, both retiring). 

DSCF2397
I hope you’ll stop by to see all the other designers’ creations; you can check them out at the Paper Players blog or here:
And we hope you’ll play along too and share your fabulous creation with us!!  Oh, and BY THE WAY---one of our very own had a special birthday yesterday---ANN!  Stop by her blog and wish her some birthday wishes!!!

Don’t you wish your vehicle had a wee holder for dandelions?
DSCF1350
DSCF1347
DSCF1353
Enjoy your day!

13 comments:

Frenchie said...

Oooo, oh my , yes we which we did , she's soo sweet ,
LeeAnn is it still cold out there ? I see CASSADDY in a jacket , my if so you need some of our hot weather ,
Ok love your card , I'm so sad about our pretty floweres retiring , :(
Love the color throw down on your card ,
Have a nice day , hugs to both of you !
Frenchie

Nance Leedy said...

Absolutely gorgeous, LeAnne! I love the way you combined all the images in this stamp set into one lovely card. I love the little sentiment banner and bit of crochet trim--fab! ((hugs))

Linda said...

Everyone she picks means one less to spread seeds. Cassidy can come and fill the holder with dandelions at my house anytime. LOL
Our dandelions aren't even up yet. We are in for a week of rain. They will be up soon.
Very pretty card. Lots of fussy cutting there. Love it.

Cheryl said...

Love your card! I do like the PPA sketch challenge. I am going to try it!

Sherry Eckblad said...

Great colors and I love that big flower.
I see you have the same flowers are I do growing in my yard every year. A few more weeks and I am sure ours will be sprouting up.

Lisa Elton said...

Lots of pretty layers and stamping LeAnne and that bloom is beautiful!

lisa808 said...

So pretty. Lovw the colors and layered flower.

Anne Marie Hile said...

LeAnne, this is gorgeous! I love the soft colors and all of the shabby-tastic detail. The photos of Cassidy keep the color combo going, too. SO many beautiful details on your card. Thank you for completely rocking my sketch this week, my friend. :)

stampwithsandy said...

This is gorgeous, LeAnne! Love those colors together and they work perfectly with this stamp set. Also love how you stamped every layer. So pretty.

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty LeeAnne. Love the layered flower and the stamped panels. Thank you for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown.
Cool pink 4-wheeler. She is so sweet!

Patti said...

So lovely. One of my favorite stamp sets too. I like how you use a few of the stamps on the card; a fond good bye.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love all of the stamped layers here and that statement flower - gorgeous!

Jaydee said...

Gorgeous, LeAnne. I love the vintage images in the background and that focal point flower with the sentiment as a banner underneath. Fabulous, my friend.
Hugs
Jaydee