Sunday, April 13, 2014

Paper Players 191

DSCF2176

Hello peeps!  Happy Palm Sunday to everyone!  Ann is our fabulous hostess for today’s Paper Players challenge!  Check out these wonderful colors:

I was sort of whining to myself lately because I was seeing all these cool stencilled designs, some with stencilling paste, and I was thinking “Poor me” because I didn’t have any stencils….then a light bulb went on in my head and I remembered that I DO have some stencils!  I had the wonderful Build a Banner Simply Created set from last year’s Holiday mini, so I pulled it out and went to work:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Paper Players 191 Stencil Hello Stampin Up

I used the chevron and dotted stencils with the Calypso Coral ink, then stencilled the “h” in Artichoke and cut it out. 

DSCF2179DSCF2178

I then realized that any Framelit can also be used as a stencil!!!  Just leave the diecut IN the Framelit….don’t pop it out quite yet…..then use a dauber to color in the center.  Pop it out and you have a cool stencilled element!  Just be sure to clean off the Framelit between colors!

DSCF2177

I hope you find this color combo fun to use too, and be sure to share what you do with it at the Paper Players blog!  And check out the others’ samples as well!

We did a wee bit of chalk drawing on the sidewalks this week!  (And don’t mind the outfit…she insists on wearing this hoodie which is waaaay too small for her, LOL!)  She wanted me to draw five people (I just do stick figures), all holding hands.  Then she added her own at the very end:

DSCF2168

DSCF2170

It’s a man holding the baby’s hand, and he has a MOUSTACHE, LOL!:

DSCF2191

Enjoy your day!

11 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Love all of your stenciled inky elements! Fun card!

Michelle said...

A beautiful card….. amazing detail, lovely colors!

Alli said...

Bright & fun!!!
Great card!!!

Lisa Elton said...

What a FUN card LeAnne, great job with your stencils!! Love your little artist and her arty outfit ;)

Anne Marie Hile said...

This is such a fun and happy card, LeAnne! Love the stenciled chevron and all of the cute details you added. Cassidy's sidewalk art is pretty cute, too. :)

Basement Stamper said...

Great color combination and love your stars with the card candy on it.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I LOVE this card LeAnne! So cool and funky and really works the colours! I too forget I have these stencils and that they can be used for cards - thanks for reminding me!

stampwithsandy said...

What a super card and what a super job you did with all that stenciling! I have those stencils too and have never used them and thank you for the great inspiration!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I like what you did with your stencils including your framelit sponged stars. Very nice! And I love the mustached man Cassidy drew!

Nance Leedy said...

LeAnne, I love the bright and happy look of your card. The stenciled elements are wonderful and I love all the little collage pieces. It rocks!

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, I love the bold use of colors and patterns. I also love the cut out H. You brought all the elements together beautifully.
Hugs
Jaydee