Tuesday, April 22, 2014

ColourQ 238

DSCF2306

Happy Tuesday, peeps!  How about this fresh, springy inspiration for everyone today:

Almost makes me want to be a hat-wearer!  Are you a hat-wearer?  I guess it’s because of the hairstyle that I have, I’ve never been able to wear hats.  (Except in the winter when I don’t care what my hair looks like!!!)  But they flatten my hair, give me static and I just feel silly when I have one on!  But there are many people who don’t feel self-conscious and look great!  I remember my mom wearing a hat in church, and John’s mother was known as the “hat lady” in her church; she wore a hat and gloves to church, right up until she passed away!

But here’s a hat that I will always love; it’s the straw hat from the retired Garden Pleasures, and I have enjoyed it many times:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings ColourQ238 Garden Pleasures Stampin Up

Just a really simple card; I’ve used the Retrosketches sketch from this week:

did a little watercoloring with my aquapainter and inks, added a ribbon, button and a little krafty rickrack at the bottom, and it was done:

DSCF2304

Sentiment is from retired Sweet Little Sentiments.  Hope you have a splendid day….and come play with us at the ColourQ and use these sweet colors Arielle chose for us this week!

Our church participated in a baby bottle campaign; the bottles, filled with change, go to a local pregnancy center.  Cassidy was thrilled to put all that change in the bottle!

DSCF1885

15 comments:

stampwithsandy said...

What a pretty card and what an adorable hat stamp! I can't wear hats either, they are not flattering at all!

Linda said...

Sweet card LeAnne.
Cassidy looks so serious. Is she going to feed her baby first before she gives up the bottle of change?
That is a great idea for raising money. It would even be a great way to wrap a gift of money to a new mom. Have a great day.

Darlene Gabriel said...

I love hats and wish I could wear them more often. Unfortunately since my head injury when I was hit by the car, I get headaches from them. I still wear them sometimes though especially in the hot sun. I love your "hat" card. As soon as I saw it I thought.......oh, yes Spring is coming;)
What a great way for Cassidy to be a part of such a worthy cause. She'll learn from it even if she might not totally understand it all now.

mudmaven said...

Gorgeous card LeAnne! I'm totally with you on the hat thing. John will make me put one on when I leave the house on really cold days and the first thing I do when I pull out of the driveway is yank it off. Just can't do hats. Sometimes I can manage a visor when we're out on the water, but that's about it. Cassidy looks to be very intent at her work - so cute! ~chris

Tracey McNeely said...

You used the inspiration perfectly!

Lisa Elton said...

Nope I'm not a hat wearer either! Love the hat on your card thought, super cute!! We've done the baby bottle collection too, such a good idea!

Doris said...

Beautiful card--love the color combo!

Jen Mitchell said...

I've been trying to wear hats more because they look so good on other people I want them to look good on me too! I love this one and your great water coloring skills!

Linda Callahan said...

Sweet as can be.....love how you color!

Cindy Brumbaugh said...

Oh Miss LeAnne, I do declare- this is love-ly. Your coloring is fantastic!

Claire said...

I absolutely love this LeAnne - it's so beautifully coloured...love that stamp! Wasn't it just the perfect palette for this?!

Marybeth said...

Hi LeAnne. I love your note card CAS with lots of color.

Karren said...

This is beautiful, LeAnne! Love your coloring of this gorgeous image.

Erin said...

Beautiful stamp and beautiful coloring! You combined both challenges so well, too.

Thanks for joining us this week at RetroSketches!

Kim S said...

Lovely! A gorgeous use of the colors with the yellow bird and paper and the splash of eggplant. The rickrack is the perfect touch.