Friday, April 25, 2014

Fast Friday Card

DSCF2399

Happy Friday, everyone!  I am glad this week is almost over!  I am looking forward to the weekend, that’s for sure!  Before I get to my project, I want to thank the lovely ladies at The Kraft Journal; they’re featuring my project from this post on their blog today!  Thanks again!

Today’s card is a real quickie; again, I am highlighting some products that will be retiring soon!   I already had the floral image from Fabulous Florets stamped and heat embossed on Shimmery White paper and watercolored with Strawberry Slush ink when I saw this sketch from CAS Colours & Sketches:

And this is what I did with it:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Blessings from Heaven Stampin Up

In REAL LIFE, the colors in my (non-SU) DP match my Strawberry Slush panel perfectly….you will just have to take my word for it, LOL!  I added a sentiment from the retiring Blessings From Heaven, stamped on a Chalk Talk die and added some black glimmer brads from the Basics collection (also retiring).  Simple and easy!

DSCF2401

Thanks for the visit today!

I got a set of chipboard letters for $1 at an Amish stamp store and I thought they would be fun for Cassidy to play with as she is learning her letters….she can identify each letter, but putting them in order (unless she is singing the ABC song) is a challenge.  But she only liked dumping them out and putting them back in the cute little birdhouse box! We’ll work on that!

DSCF2345

6 comments:

Linda said...

Pretty colors and a nice sketch to work with.

If Cassidy is interested, write the alphabet on a big piece of paper and have her match her new little letters to the ones in the paper. Helps kids learn the proper order!

Linda said...

An Amish stamp store. Amazing. I didn't know they stamped. LOL Oh my goodness that is wonderful that she can identify the letters. So amazing!
Pretty card!

Lisa Elton said...

What a happy card LeAnne, love the vibrant bloom! Cute little set of letters too, good that she knows them already ;)

Darlene Gabriel said...

Smart little girl Cassidy - able to identify your letters already - good for you!
LeAnne your card is so pretty. I really like the colour of that flower.

Patricia Hays said...

Fantastic job coloring the pretty blossom! Thanks for sharing your card with us at CC&S.

Unknown said...

This is beautiful LeAnne! The colours are so bright and vibrant!
Thanks for joining us at CAS this week :)
Lizy xx