Wednesday, May 16, 2012

RCC53

 DSCF0777 

Just a quick little post today; I have been following the Ribbon Carousel challenges for a while, but never participated!  This is my first one, and it’s a sketch:

A while back, I always sent card to my top sellers in my downline, and I have dropped the ball lately, so this will be an attempt to get back on track:

DSCF0778

This is really quite a simple card, monochromatic in Blissful Blue; I used some Beau Chateau DP and Four Frames, Friendly Phrases and Kindness Matters stamp sets.  I made a scrunchy Very Vanilla seam binding bow and attached it to some crochet trim.  I did tap my sentiment stamp lightly in Pacific Point to give it a little darker tone.  Thanks for looking!

DSCF0779

While having lunch on Mother’s Day, Cassidy kept asking for pickles…..we didn’t even know she knew what a pickle was, let alone to say it!  She tried a bread and butter one, and then gave it back to me!  Gee, thanks!

DSCF0754

7 comments:

~Tammy~ said...

How precious! Memories! Awesome you captured the moment forever!

Your card is a beauty and I love your bow! :-)

Linda said...

Really a sweet card! I love the colors.
Do you say to her she is in a pickle or anything like that? So cute. When my son was 18 months he crawled out of his high chair and spilled a jar of sweet pickles. Cleaning it up I managed to spread it all one the floor. It was a huge mess and took 4 washings to get it cleaned up. My poor son never ate another pickle. I must have gone a little nuts. What a kind of mother was I???LOL

Lindsey said...

love your colour scheme and scrunchy bow! Lindsey

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

I LOVE this bow!! It's gorgeous!! Can you demo that at our next Wee Inkers meeting? Pretty please?

The pickle pic is great!! Do you remember the old commercial where the little girl says, "Daddy, when you gonna eat that pickle?" It was soooo cute and one of my favorites! Cassidy is a DOLL BABY!!!!!

Linda Callahan said...

Nobody sings the blues like you! Such a pretty card! Loved your Mother's Day picture with the 3 of you - so perfect!

Debbie Carriere said...

Wow, so glad you decided to play!! This card is a stunner? Just beautiful, love your bow :) And Cassidy is a little darling!!! Thanks for playing at The Ribbon Carousel!!

Anne Marie Hile said...

I'm not a big fn of pickles either, so I'm in agreement with Cassidy on that one! Haha! What a beautiful card, LeAnne! Live the soft blue and the scrunchy ribbon. Simply stunning! :)