Sunday, May 6, 2012

Paper Players 94

DSCF0628-001

Happy Sunday!  What a beautiful weekend we have been having!  I hope you have some time this week to play our Paper Players challenge….Nance is our hostess, and here is the challenge:

Aren’t these little cupcakes on their own little stands just the cutest thing?  I chose to do a “love” theme as my mom is gone, and I wanted to highlight those cute little birds perched on each plate!  The color palette from Pals Paper Arts this week of Baja Breeze, Calypso Coral and So Saffron was a close match, and check out this sketch from the girls at A La Card Monkey:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

So here is my love-themed card:

PP94-LeAnne

I pulled out a couple of retired sets to make this; a hostess set called Punch Potpourri and a background stamp called Floral.  I found some woodgrain DP that mimicked the table; I heat embossed the birds on vellum cardstock with white craft ink and white embossing powder.  The vellum circles behind them were stamped in white craft ink with the Floral stamp, and I flipped them over so that I had a softer image.  It’s a bit hard to see, but here’s a closeup:

DSCF0630

There’s also a heart image in the set with some French-looking script; I embossed it the same way and diecut out a couple of tags as well as a little heart to help my sentiment show up better, and attached them to a scrunchy Baja Breeze seam binding bow that I tie-dyed:

DSCF0631 

If you’re a SU customer and are lamenting the fact that craft inks are going away, as long as you have a Versamark pad, you can still emboss in color!  To get the embossed “Love” tag, I simply inked my sentiment from Pennant Parade first in Versamark, then again in Calypso Coral, and stamped….then embossed with clear embossing powder.  Just be sure to clean your stamp before you ink again in the Versamark!!!  If you have any questions about my card, just shoot me an email!

I hope you’ll be inspired to make a Mother’s Day-themed creation and share it with us!  And be sure to check out the other Paper Players designers, and welcome Narelle Farrugia as our guest designer this month!

With temps in the high 80s, we were able to get some sandbox time…..and we had sand EVERYWHERE…..which led to some bathtub time!!  And be sure to check out the image on the shirt!!!

DSCF0600 

DSCF0604

22 comments:

Dawn Tidd said...

So pretty, LeAnne! All of your embossing is gorgeous and the details just add the right touches. Thanks for joining us at the Pals.

Tina said...

wow this is lovely, beautiful color combo and your details are amazing, cute birds...thanks for sharing at a la card monkey

Tina
guest designer

Linda said...

I never even tried to use craft to emboss. I think I have some of the SU little cubes in craft. I have to try that. Well maybe not if they are going away.
Beautiful card. I love how you used the vellum.
If you have high 80's do you hose her off before she comes in? LOL So much fun to play in a sand box. That is the cutest shirt! It should be a kitty though. LOL
Have a wonderful Sunday!
Hugs,
Linda

Linda Callahan said...

Oh so much stamping stamping stamping I spy - and oh so beautiful! Plus a scrunchy fabulous bow! And now you have me thinking about a sandbox.....

Lesley said...

Lovely card LeAnne, with gorgeous stamping! Love all the small details...ah the sandbox! How much fun!!!
Hugs,
Lesley

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely stunning, LeAnne! I love the vellum...and of course, the scrunchy ribbon! What an adorable shirt!

Cindy van Oorschot said...

Great card Leann, Love the embossing, and the way you used the vellum circles. Thanks for playing this week at the A La Card Monkey
Cindy GD

Bonnie said...

I love your pretty birds and stamped vellum! Very pretty! Cassidy looks like she's having lots of fun and has a wonderful sandbox!

Carol Lucas said...

This card is so beautiful! I love your little vellum birdies and the scrunched blue ribbon. The pictures of your granddaughter in the sand makes me want to walk on the beach with my grandson who is about the same age. One more month!

Marie said...

I love this card. I never thought about embossing on vellum. It came out beautifully. Thanks for joining us at A La Card Monkey this week.

Nance Leedy said...

I am so glad you showed us the close-ups because the details here are stunning! I love that you embossed on vellum--I've never tried that--and it's gorgeous! Love the little sentiment tags and I am delighted you focused on the birdies. Beautiful card, LeAnne!

Joanne Leddy said...

Beautiful colors LeAnne. I just love the little birdies! If I bring my own pail, can I play in the sand too? What a beautiful little girl!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Beautiful spring card. I love all the embossing on vellum. Your tags and scrunchy seam binding bow are gorgeous.
Temps in the high 80s.....oh I can't wait for those to arrive here. Looks like so much fun in the sandbox.

Narelle Farrugia said...

This card is gorgeous LeAnne - I'm in love with those birds and your tags. I missed the woodgrain DP until you pointed it out - very clever. Thanks for having me this month!

Denise Willerton said...

This card is wonderful LeAnne ~ I'm still hoping to play along with this challenge, we'll see how the day/week unfold for me....I love the embossing on the vellum and your seam binding element is stunning!!! Love everything about this card my friend!

Lorraine said...

OOOooh, what a pretty card. Embossing that bird on vellum - super idea! I will have to be a copy cat soon.

I love the foot in the air picture. I have a similar picture of my daughter's first trip to the beach when she could walk (she's 29 now). She didn't like the feel of the sand and promptly sat down and raised her foot up to get the sand off. Thanks for the smiles today!!!

Kate Stockman said...

I love your cards, but I think the pictures of your granddaughter are so cute. Reminds me of my grandgirls, they are 10 and 14 now. Such a fun time when they are little! I check your blog daily.

Terry said...

I love that scrunchy ribbon and the soft white behind the birds. Lovely card! Thanks for taking part in our Monkey Challenge.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card (as usual!), LeAnne! I love the birds on vellum, and the seam binding just ties everything together (no pun intended). Thanks for playing at A La Card Monkey.
Sheri (guest designer)

Anne Marie Hile said...

LeAnne, this is gorgeous! I really love all of the details you added from the embossed birdies to that fabby scrunchy seam binding. The colors really pop on this one! Wow! Little Cassidy is so stinking' cute, too. She is certainly getting to be a little lady, isn't she?

Heidi said...

Such gorgeous detail and beautiful touches! The embossed birds on vellum are such a fun touch and the stamped vellum circles are a perfect match. Very pretty, LeAnne!

Jenn Picard said...

LeAnne this card is fantastic! Fabulous colour combo and love the embossing on the vellum! That scrunched up ribbon with those darling tags is perfect.

Oh and that sweet GD of yours is completely adorable!