Sunday, May 6, 2012

CPS164 & SCH10

DSCF0632

Squeaking in another card today—unusual for me!  If you’re looking for the Paper Players challenge, you can click here!

This is for the Card Patterns Sketch 164 and the Sugar Creek Hollow challenge 10, which is to use black and white:

DSCF0633

The challenge allowed you to use one color on your image, but I wanted to challenge myself to only use black and white.  I just snagged this digital image of a child blowing on a dandelion puff, and it reminded me of a recent episode of Cassidy trying to eat one!  It was perfect for the challenge.  I used some digi gingham paper, lace, ribbon, an old button and a PTI sentiment on a little tag; I also added a little sparkle to the dandelion which you might be able to see here:

DSCF0635

And here’s the sketch, too:

I have to admit, even though there is no “color”, I love how this turned out!  Have a blessed day!

19 comments:

Bonnie said...

This digital image looks like Cassidy! I remember the picture of her "tasting" dandelions. This is so pretty in black and white with the gingham paper.

Carol Lucas said...

Such a sweet card! I love your little image and the black gingham paper. Well done!

Cheryl M. said...

Wow! Everything about this card is right.

Patti P. said...

LeAnne, you should be very proud of this beauty. What a wonderful image and love your layers of papers, ribbon and lace. Beautiful job....
Thanks for sharing with us at Sugar Creek Hollow.

Patti SCH/DT

Cora said...

This is so cute. I love the black and white look. Thank you for sharing.
Cora from Digital Two for Tuesday

Betty Benton said...

Absolutely stunning in black and white! You done yourself proud!

Patti J said...

OMG, LeAnne, this is absolutely stunning! So glad that you shared it! Love, love, love black and white, and that image is darling! Hugs...

Darlene Gabriel said...

Love this in black and white. Sweet image and I love the layers of circles and scalloped circle. Pretty gingham paper, ribbons and lace.

Linda said...

Oh yes this is lovely! What a great image and memory. The black and white really make it stunning!

Linda Callahan said...

I love b/w and this is top shelf! Beautiful image.....

Arielle H Gordon said...

OOOhhhh - LOVE this! It just stunning LeAnne!

Denise Willerton said...

Oh how I Love this card LeAnne ~ something about black and white on a card ~ STUNNING! thanks so much for sharing you wonderful creations LeAnne ~ Enjoy Your Day! :-)

Anonymous said...

I just love this card the clean sharp edges and the simple elegant design wonderful
lizzi SCH

Marlene (cards4u) said...

What a sweet card - love this image!

Cec said...

Absolutely gorgeous with an adorable vintage image. I love the eyelet lace peeking out and that old button has such character. Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow.
Hugs!
cec

Meggymay said...

A real beautiful card, the image is adorable. Thank you for joining us at SCH this time.
Yvonne

Elaine M said...

Oh LeAnne!! So Lovely!

Unknown said...

I love monochromatic colour schemes - they are always so striking! Very elegant.

Sherry Hickey said...

Love everything about your card! Fantastic!!!