Friday, May 11, 2012

Monkey Challenge 108

 DSCF0683-001  

Those sweet chicas over at A La Card Monkey asked me to be their guest designer this week!  I always look forward to playing with them!  Check out this fun photo inspiration:

Monkey108 Girly-001

Yes, the little girl is standing on an alligator!  What a hoot!  Well, the challenge is “girly”, and the photo is vintage, so I pulled out some vintage sewing goodies from my stash to make my girly card:

Monkey 108-LeAnne

I used a wide & varied assortment of products here!!!  Normally when I do vintage, I do sepia tones or lighter shades.  The Miss America Pearls image is an actual button card from my MIL’s stash, as is the Woolco Needle Pack, and they gave me the inspiration to use the brighter shades. The other images are from paper packs, embossed or stamped.  I added some stitching and lace from my stash to the DP from Material Girl by Cosmo Cricket:

DSCF0685

DSCF0686

 

 

 

 

 

Here’s the inside:

DSCF0687

Remember, if you have any questions, shoot me an email!  I hope you have some time to play with Shirley and Terry over at the Card Monkey and share your vintage girly creation!

 DSCF0636 DSCF0640DSCF0644

3 comments:

Linda said...

Wonderful card! I love vintage and this is so cool! I love it.
Sweet Cassidy pictures!

Shirley Pumpkin said...

SO cool!! I just love this vintge sewing stuff. Your card is just so wonderful, I want to make one for myself!!! Thanks for saying yes to being a GD for us this week!!! We just love having you on our team!

Hugs
Shirley

Linda said...

LeAnne - I absolutely love this vintage card. I should know what MIL stands for, but right now I cannot I am drawing a blank. These pictures of Cassidy are so cute. Thanks for sharing.

Linda D.