Friday, May 4, 2012

CCMC200, MOJO239 & PDCC130

DSCF0535-001

Oooh, I’ll tell you, I am really struggling with my creativity this week!  Maybe it’s spring fever!  The temps are rising here in PA!   Anyway, this is for three challenges:  Create with Connie & Mary’s 100th Celebration Challenge (make a celebration card using your favorite retiring DP and add a pennant or banner), the Mojo Monday Sketch 239, and the Play Date Cafe color challenge #130.  Here’s the sketch and the palette:

And here is my square card:

DSCF0534-001

I didn’t like Blushing Bride when it first came out, but I love it now and am so sad to see it go.  This DP is from an old hostess pack, I know it’s already retired, so I’ve already broken the rules!!  But it is so pretty, I just had to use it.  The Crazy for Cupcakes set is retiring and I didn’t use it nearly enough!  I don’t have a BB marker, so I colored my cupcake with ink and a blender pen….not such a great idea when trying to cover a large surface!  I added some Dazzling Diamonds to make it look a little bit better, and some bling to the pennants to draw one’s eye away from the terrible coloring!

DSCF0537-001

Well, I am sure someone having a birthday will enjoy it!   If you have any questions, shoot me an email!   And speaking of coloring:

DSCF0558

Two-fisted, no less!  But the best part was that she actually PUT THEM AWAY!  (This is a big deal in our household!)  And isn’t that ruffled-star purple t-shirt a great inspiration piece???

17 comments:

Frenchie said...

Oh Ms LeAnn, your cards are always beautiful , just like that granddaughter of yours ! Yes I love those colors on her t-shirt ! Have a nice weekend,
Hugs and a bib kiss to Cassady!
Frenchie,

Susie said...

Leann, you did a wonderful job combining both sketch and color challenges. And somebody's going to receive a lovely, lovely birthday card! But...honestly, you had me with the beautiful photo of your granddaughter coloring! What a wonderful, precious, time you must have had with her. We are going to be first time grandparents mid-July so this really caught my eye. We are having a little grandson. This was a lovely post - you haven't lost your creative Mojo I assure you {insert smile}.

Shirley Pumpkin said...

I love it LeAnne! SO cute how you put the row of pennants below the image.

Hugs
Shirley

Bonnie said...

I love the Blushing Bride and still use all the retired paper. It needs to be used. I can identify with your drawing the eye away from the coloring. Did that myself. I wish we could stamp together too. My, wouldn't that be fun!

Patti said...

Nothing wrong with your coloring. These colors are great together and your made a beautiful card with them. Cassidy's shirt should be used on someone's inspiration challenge. She is adorable.

Denise Willerton said...

well my dear friend...missing mojo...I don't think so...not from my computer screen!!! super sweet card LeAnne, as is Cassidy Enjoy your weekend!!

Denise Marzec said...

Cute card, LeAnne! Love the dimension on the candle and the pennants at the bottom.

Darlene Gabriel said...

LeAnne I agree with what some of the others have said ... I don't see any lack of creativity/mojo. This is a very pretty card. I like the sparkles on the cupcake and the fun pennants with the bling.
Cassidy's ruffled shirt is the first thing the grabbed my attention as soon as I saw this picture. Such fun. Good for her to actually put her crayons away be herself - very grown up trait to have learned already.
Have a blessed weekend.

dpkennedy said...

This is very sweet! I love the tiny banners on the bottom of the image!

Deb said...

What a most lovely card!! I love these colors together and the dsp is so pretty!! I love how you incorporated the banners and added bling with rhinestones and glitter! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Lisa Martz said...

YOu did a great job of capturing the elements of all three challenges! Great job...love the colors with this celebration card! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge this week!

Mary Brown said...

LOVE your colors and how our did the row of little flags under your cupcake - ADORABLE! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Julie said...

Beautiful Color Combo!! Pink and Blue are in the air right now. The cupcake is adorable too!! Thanks for playing along with CCMC this week!

Debbie Henderson said...

I see no struggles her LeAnn. Gorgeous card as always! So glad you celebrated with us during our Create with Connie & Mary challenge this week!

Nance Leedy said...

Nothing wrong with your mojo from here LeAnne! This is darling! Love the bitty pennants, the sentiment over the candle and of course....the bling! So glad you joined us at CCMC this week!

Carrie Sampsel said...

I too love this color combo and the sweet pennants. Just adorable. Thanks for joining us this week over at Create with Connie and Mary.

Connie Babbert said...

Oh, love that row of pennants under the cupcake. You made the entire card look SO yummy! And, LOVE that shirt your grand-daughter is wearing! Thanks for playing along with our 100th Celebration Challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!