Sunday, May 13, 2012

Paper Players 95 & TSSC220

  DSCF0689-002 

Happy Mother’s Day to all the moms out there!  I hope you have a wonderful, blessed day!  It’s time for another Paper Players challenge, this one a color challenge from Ann

Aren’t these happy, fun colors?!  I started out with one idea, made the card and then changed my mind!  Here’s my final creation:

PP95-LeAnne

This is a pretty simple card using a retiring set called Flight of the Butterfly….such a sweet set!  The background is stamped with Distressed Dots and the sentiment is from Short & Sweet. 

 DSCF0691

I did some embossing on a couple of layers, and I used a square punch to punch out a couple little portions from the scallop to make my corner embellishments:

DSCF0688

The sketch is from Mary Jo at  Technostamper:

Now, here’s my original card:  a little over the top, but I did have fun using up some of my stash of brads, LOL!

DSCF0681

Just didn’t translate from my brain to paper quite the way I envisioned it!!!  Anyway, I hope you will find inspiration in these fun colors and share what you make with us over at the Paper Players blog….and be sure to leave some love for the designers, once you see their wonderful creations as well!

Here are a few pictures of Cassidy jumping in the “pubbles” in our driveway.  She was already filthy from helping my SIL with a shovel and mulch, so I figured there was no harm in her getting wet!  In the first picture, she’s looking at me as if to say, “Are you SURE it’s okay for me to do this?”!!!

 DSCF0538 DSCF0541

DSCF0550 DSCF0543

DSCF0551

Boy, was she angry when we had to go in!  Enjoy your day!

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day! :-)

MJ said...

Yes! Great color combo! I love both cards. Good to have your play along with my sketch challenge! I can't believe how big your darling "baby" is! She is so sweet!

Denise Willerton said...

oh something about puddles!!!! So fun Cassidy :-) ~ and I love this challenge, I'm really hoping to play along (bright colours scare me) and LeAnne these cards are fabulous!!! I love the little corner accent that you did on the first one along with all the textures...and the circles....well, super super cute ~ have a great day and Happy Mother's Day to you my dear!

Linda said...

Happy Mother's Day LeAnne! Both cards are so pretty and cheery - nice color combo, but my favorite is your original!! I love love love it and can't wait to case it (although I may leave out the stitching - can't quite bring myself to sew my cards!!).

Carol L said...

Happy Mother's Day! I love the bright colors and especially love the card with all those circles! Great texture and design!
Those pics of Cassidy are priceless! What a fun time she had :)

Carol T said...

Happy Mother's Day!! Thanks for sharing all your cards & pictures of your granddaughter!! I look forward to seeing them everyday. The simple things in life seem to give us the most pleasure!!

Carol Lucas said...

Your cards are both pretty. I actually like all the circles, DSP, and textures. Nice! I enjoyed the pictures of your little puddle jumper. We should all jump in the puddles more often.

Linda said...

LeAnne - I love of these cards and the colors are outstanding. Very Spring. Thanks for sharing.

Linda D.

Lesley said...

Oh such sweet pics of Cassidy!! Puddles are fun! Lovely card, those butterflies look amazing in the 3 colours and the 2nd card is VERY cool...what a great layout!

barb mann said...

What a FUN color combo. Love the butterflies and I like the circles too. How fun to see the action shots of little Miss Cassidy - What a cutie as always. She melts my heart! Happy Mother's Day LeAnne!

Ann Schach said...

Happy Mother's Day, LeAnne! I LOVE both of your cards! The texture on the first is fabulous...and I LOVE your use of brads and stitching on the second! What a great way to use the challenge colors! It looks like Cassidy had so much fun puddle jumping!

Kristie W. said...

Both cards are great but the first is my fave :) The butterflies make it so cheery :)

Cute pics of Cassidy!

Nance Leedy said...

Oh I love them both! Such fun and pretty polka dot butterflies on the first one and those circles are fab on the second one! Sure looks like Cassidy had a great time! Happy Mother's day, friend!

Basement Stamper said...

your little granddaughter is just a doll!

I love that card with the circles and brads, the design is very striking.

Hope you had a great Mother's Day!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

LeAnne what a cheery card! love the butterflies and the polka dots background on the circle, and the little corners are adorable. BUT the little puddle splasher is most adorable of all! hugs.

Maria said...

Beautiful cards and sweet adorable photos of little granddaughter...too CUTE!!!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Both cards are absolutely wonderful, LeAnne! I fell in love with that little butterfly card as soon as I saw it! The layout is outstanding and I especially like the little punched corners. Then, I see this mysterious "second card"...holy macaroni, that is fabby. I love the fun mix of brads. Love it!

Your little "pubble" jumper is adorable as ever, too! :)

Shelley said...

Well, I love the circles card! It would be a hoot to make one! It has all the things I look for in a card: using scraps, stitching and bling. It may have to go in my CASE file!

Narelle Farrugia said...

I love both of your cards LeAnne! Great use of these colours. Puddles are the best thing ever at this age and I say as long as they're happy, let them play!

Lisa Elton said...

I LOVE those sweet polka dot butterflies! What a darling card LeAnne!!

Heidi said...

Both of your cards are super fun, but I am a huge fan of butterflies, so I think the first one jumps out at me! Love all of the extra details! The distressed dots in the background are great and the butterflies seem to be flying off the page. Great card, LeAnne...hope you have a great weekend and enjoy that sweet granddaughter of yours. I just love the pictures of her that you share with us!