Thursday, May 17, 2012

PPA135 & PCS97

 DSCF0811

I’ve made a sympathy card today for the family of a friend from church.  George worked on a horse farm for years and loved anything to do with nature and the outdoors.  I used the Pals Paper Arts sketch 135 as well as a theme of checks or gingham from Papercraft Star for my clean and simple card today:

PPA135

 DSCF0809

I used some retired SU hostess pack papers and an image from Countryside for my main panel.  Lots of sponging with Crumb Cake gave it a rustic look, and a new Designer Naturals button teamed up with some Linen Thread “tied” it all together…without looking too feminine, I hope!

DSCF0810

So now we’re off to the funeral!  Have a blessed day—if you have any questions, shoot me an email!

DSCF0784

10 comments:

Me, My Stamps and I said...

love this card!!!!and the color you used.
Tfs:)

Jinny Newlin said...

What a beautiful card, LeAnne! I adore how you've used those checks and that twine-laced button! And I'm sure that it will be much appreciated. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Papercraft Star!

Linda Callahan said...

Heartfelt and sweet even though the occasion is sad.....

Dawn Tidd said...

I know the family will appreciate the personal touches you added to the card in remembering George! It is such a pretty card. The torn edges and sponging are perfect! Thanks for joining us at the PPA!

Carol L said...

I really like the card you created with it's earthy look & feel, and that inspiration photo is awesome too! I love Miss Cassidy gazing out the door too - she's just too cute :)

Linda said...

So sorry that you are off to another funeral.
Your card is wonderful. Perfect sympathy card. I love the image and the paper.
Such an adorable picture of Cassidy. It looks like she is watching you go.

Katie said...

Hi LeAnne! I wanted to thank you for the kind words on my blog. I am so happy I decided to pop on over to your blog. Your cards have such beauty. A new follower on your blog definitely!

♥Jan♥ said...

No, it is not one bit feminine at all ! Beautifully done, love the colors ! Thanks for joining us this week at Papercraft Star, LeAnne !

Sylvia said...

Cute card, LeAnne, such pretty colors! Thanks for joining us this week with a sweet card for the Papercraft Star "Checks or Gingham" challenge.

Anne Marie Hile said...

So sorry tht you had to create this one for such a sad occasion. Your card is so beautiful, especially in those rich colors. I really like the torn frame matting the main image.