Sunday, May 27, 2012

Paper Players 97

 DSCF0955-001 

Happy Sunday to everyone!  I hope you are enjoying your weekend!  It is HOT here in PA!  I am the hostess at the Paper Players, and today, our challenge is a sketch:

I mixed it up with my card, using a retiring hostess set, Happiest Birthday Wishes, an already-retired set, Sweet Little Sentiments, and an upcoming set, Bright Blossoms:

PP97-LeAnne

I’ve been hoarding this floral Domestic Goddess DP (why do we do that?) so I thought I would bring it out since it has my new favorite retiring In Color, Poppy Parade in it!   I’ve matched it up with some  hostess DP from last year to make a bold, fresh, birthday card for a friend!  I popped up the little Pool Party blossoms and sweetened them with some pearls:

DSCF0957

and then used one of the new banner dies to cut out my sentiment:

DSCF0961

I just love that you can use those banners with lots of different sentiments!  Oops, I forgot…that little flower is from Itty Bitty Bits…..it’s just so sweet!  I curved my little banner a bit to give it some interest as well!  Hope you’ll play along with us and have some fun!  Be sure to check out what my teammates at the Paper Players have come up with, too!

Kids invent their own games; why do we buy them toys?  Here, Cassidy plays with the cat food.  She found it fascinating to take it from the big tub and put it into the little cup:

DSCF0922 DSCF0928

DSCF0931 DSCF0933

 DSCF0936 DSCF0941

Thanks for stopping by today!

14 comments:

Linda said...

I must confess...every day I check in, but I'm not sure what I look forward to the most - your beautiful cards or your beautiful granddaughter!

Nance Leedy said...

What a fun and happy birthday card, LeAnne! Love the retro colors and the way you fussy-cutthe entire floral spray is so cool! Love seeing Cassidy playing with the cat food, too funny!

Bev J. said...

I agree with Linda! Lovely card-lovely granddaughter!

Linda said...

Really they play with things they find much longer than toys. Toys don't let they use as much imagination.
Wonderful card! The paper is so pretty and I love the way you did the flowers. Very cool!

Linda Callahan said...

You use that DSP better than anyone! I love every card you make with it! Love how it worked with the stamping!

Vicky Hayes said...

I love the retro look of the colours and images on this card LeAnne. And whenever I see pictures of your lovely granddaughter playing, I always want to join in!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh this is lovely LeAnne! Those colours are gorgeous together and your little vase is very sweet.

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

LeAnne, I love this sketch and your card is lovely! You've really inspired me this time to jump on board and play the challenge.

Cassidy, as always, is darling. Such a busy little girl!

jaydee said...

LeAnne, I can't believe you fussy cut those flowers! It was worth, though. They look amazing - especially with the little pearl centers. I am so in love with this DSP. Fabulous card.
Hugs
Jaydee

jengd said...

Great sketch, fun perky card!

Ann Schach said...

Your card is just too cute! I love the adorable paper, and the blossoms with the pearls! And Cassidy is sooo cute!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Im still cracking up at Cassidy with the kitty food! She's having a blast! Your card is so cheerful and fun! Can i just say that you should be inducted into the "Fussy Cutting Hall of Fame" with this one, too. Look at the detail on those flowers. That paper is one of my favorites, too. Thanks for a fun sketch this week, my friend!

None None said...

LeAnne - thanks for a great sketch! Love your cheery colors and the pearl centers in the flowers. Such a happy card for a birthday - hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Heidi said...

Such a beauty...the card and your granddaughter. ;)

Love the use of different papers and yes, Poppy Parade will be missed...and I was just starting to really love it. Love how you cut out the flowers and popped them up for dimension...and adding more detail with the pearls is pleasing to the eye, too. The sentiment with the flower is the perfect finishing touch! So much thought into this card...someone is going to be super lucky to receive it!

Thanks for the fun sketch this week...what a great way to end my time as guest designer at The Paper Players. Thank you so much for all of your encouragement throughout the last few months. It has been a pleasure and an honor to be on a team of such talented (and awesome) women!! Have a wonderful weekend!