Monday, May 28, 2012

Merry Monday 22

  DSCF0719

Happy Monday, Happy Memorial Day to all of you here in the states!  John and I marched in our Memorial Day parade in our little town on Saturday and it was a wonderful experience….very moving as we listened to the 21-gun salute and thought about the sacrifices so many have made for our freedom!  I hope you are having  a great holiday as well!  But now it’s time for another Merry Monday sketch!  Here’s Lesley’s sketch for this week; I hope you’ll be able to play along and get some more Christmas cards for your stash!

I chose a vintage theme again today with a Santa silhouette image and some pretty, softly-colored Melissa Frances papers with images reminiscent of holidays from the 1950s!!

Merry Monday 22 - LeAnne

I chose to cut my vertical panel with SU’s Adorning Accents Edgelits…I think it makes an interesting accent with the green paper peeking out from behind!  Santa is stamped in Cherry Cobbler and the sentiment is stamped right on the DP with Always Artichoke. I also stamped the background of the circle with the Linen background stamp to continue with the fabric theme of the houndstooth check paper.  Some pearls and ribbon were added for a finish!  As always, if you have questions, feel free to shoot me an email!

DSCF0719-001

Now be sure to scurry over to Lesley’s blog, Always Playing with Paper, to see what the other designers have made with this cute sketch, and to share what YOU create!!!  Thanks for visiting today, and be sure to come back tomorrow for the ColourQ challenge!

It was SO hot this weekend, my DD got out the sprinkler!  I wonder how much water she was able to get in her little watering can?!

13 comments:

Narelle Farrugia said...

I love this vintagey theme - you always use the loveliest DSPs LeAnne. Your silhouette Santa is fantastic too! It's so weird to see how warm it is over there, when I've got our wood fire going 24hrs a day here to keep warm!

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Beautiufl sketch layout and your Christmas card is gorgeous! Ohhhh...that sprinkler looks inviting!

Sherry Eckblad said...

Love the card LeAnne and I agree that sprinkler does look inviting.

Lesley said...

Gorgeous vintage creation LeAnne! Love that edge you created!! Aww...sprinkler days are so much fun!!

jaydee said...

LeAnne, what a great way to kick off Memorial Day. A town parade. That's really fabulous. As is this card, btw! I love the vintage feel of the paper and I absolutely love the sentiment!
As for Cassidy... oh.. what a gorgeous pic!
hugs
jaydee

Patti said...

Beautiful vintage looking card. Great use of the colors and I love that big red Santa!

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful vintage looking card, the silhouette is fantastic.

None None said...

This is beautiful, LeAnne! I love the snowflakes you used throughout the card and the color scheme is just perfect for Christmas.

Hope you are staying cool today!

Bonnie said...

I love your silhouette, LeAnne! I love the snowflakes on his bag and the linen background. Beautiful papers too.

jjcreations said...

Great card, LeAnne. Love the effect you've created with the space between the fancy edges! Also love the combination on your post with Christmas and the heat of early spring!

Darlene Gabriel said...

It's so great to see Cassidy enjoying the sprinkler and so glad to see you have warm enough weather for it. We need you to send some of our way - we are having dreary rainy days here in Wpg. It's actually not been such a great spring yet which is rather unusual for us.
Your card is so pretty with the vintage papers and the punched/die cut borders. I like that you used the Adorning Accents Edgelits on that strip - sure does add a lot to the overall look of the card.

Anne Marie Hile said...

Love the vintage-feel to your card, LeAnne! The snowflakes on the santa silhouette are such a great detail. Very pretty! Sounds like you had a wonderful holiday weekend! Hugs! :)

Colleen Dietrich said...

I am so happy to see you still have -- and use -- the LInen background stamp! I love mine, and it doesn't make it out often enough.

Love how you did Santa out of the box, er, circle. ;)