Monday, May 21, 2012

Merry Monday 21

 DSCF0663

Happy Monday, peeps!  I hope and pray you had a wonderful weekend!  It’s time for another Merry Monday challenge!  Let’s look at the sweet sketch Lesley came up with for us today:

Lots of possibilities with this one!  I challenged myself to use some of my retired SU paper, and this is what I came up with:

Merry Monday 21

This Blueberry Crisp paper is beautiful, but it was a bit of a challenge to get my colors to match the way I wanted, but I was happy in the end!  My card base is Sahara Sand;  the tree image was stamped on Very Vanilla in Pacific Point, and every panel of the card was overstamped in Sahara Sand with the Texture jumbo wheel, which of course, I just got, and is retiring!  Go figure!  It added just the right bit of “texture” to tie everything together.  I cut out my tree freehand and added a little mat behind it to give it depth, and topped it off with a big bling:

DSCF0664

I enjoyed making this card, and I hope you’ll find inspiration from the sketch and play along with us as well.  Check out all the details on the Always Playing with Paper blog, and see what the other designers have come up with as well!  Remember, if you have any questions, please feel free to email me!

After breakfast, Cassidy knows she has to wash her hands, which really means “playing in the sink full of bubbles”.  I wasn’t moving quickly enough for her, so she took matters into her own hands and began pushing the chair over to the sink:

 DSCF0798 DSCF0800

 DSCF0801 DSCF0802

Uh-oh…..she realized she was too far from the sink!

 DSCF0804

Grammy to the rescue!  “Hand-washing” begins!  Have a great day and thanks for visiting!

DSCF0807

7 comments:

Frenchie said...

Oh my she's just so smart ! I love to see her !!!
And Ms LeeAnn you must be all ready for Christmas by now
Your so smart too ! Beautiful cards ! I love them all !
Hugs frenchie,

Carol Lucas said...

Gorgeous card, LeAnne! The tree is adorable. The blue with sahara sand is just perfect. Love it!

Lesley said...

Gorgeous card LeAnne! What a kid!

Linda said...

Beautiful card! that is such a pretty tree.
Sink time is so much fun. She will be doing your dishes for you before you know it.

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful card, the blue is very eye catching. I love the tree and added bling.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Good for you, getting that SU paper used up. I am doing the same. :)

Love that pretty blue tree! I have "Blue Christmas" playing in my head right now!

Linda Fisher said...

Oh what a double treat today. A great card and Cassidy at her best! I love your talent and the wonderful pictures of Cassidy.