Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Monkey 106

DSCF0512

I finally had a chance to play with the A La Card Monkey challenge this week!  Here’s the sketch/challenge:

I love blue, but I have to admit this sketch was a bit of a challenge for me.  I pulled out my Fabulous Florets and did some watercoloring:

DSCF0510

Normally, I don’t watercolor on Confetti cardstock; I also don’t watercolor unless I have heat embossed my outline image or stamped it with Stazon, but I broke all my rules here!  I just stamped my images in Marina Mist and colored them with Marina Mist and Bashful Blue ink, but did not go all the way to the edge so the outline didn’t blur.  I added a little punched-out sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes and a line of pearls:

DSCF0513

Oh, and I embossed my Marina Mist panel with the Framed Tulips EF, although not much of it shows!  Thanks for looking today!

DSCF0465

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my, that is SOOO pretty! I love the watercolor effect you achieved.

Cheryl M. said...

Lovely, LeAnne! I was just thinking that I need to use more blue...

Linda said...

So so so pretty. You did a great job with the water coloring. Thanks for the tips.

Bev J. said...

Great use of the sketch-love blue-very pretty!

Unknown said...

Love this card. Great way to use that Stampin' Up set.

Patti said...

What a lovely card! You broke all your rules beautifully. I love how you water colored the flowers. Thanks for joining the Monkey challenge this week.
Patti (guest designer)

Anne Marie Hile said...

LeAnne, you really know how to use blues! First the card on Sunday, now this beauty! Are you taking sign up's for online classes....because I'm in! Love those pearl accents, too. Very pretty!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Ooo - another blue beauty -- I love it! Beautiful watercolouring. I love the pearl center and the line of pearls under the sentiment. You really did overcome the challenge that you said this was for you - you nailed it.

Terry said...

This looks terrific! I love the watercolored flowers, and I noticed the Framed Tulips embossing too. Love the Curly Label/pearls combo. Thanks for playing with our A La Card Monkey challenge!

Shirley Pumpkin said...

lol about breaking all the rules. I am thinking that maybe they should not have even been rules... if this is what a card looks like breaking them. What I love the most is the way you watercolored to the edge with out touching the lines. Just Beautiful!! Thanks for joining us at A La Card Monkey!!

Hugs
Shirley

jengd said...

Congrats on your win with this one!!

Bonnie said...

I like this idea for watercoloring and will be trying it soon. Thanks for the inspiration, LeAnne.

Lindsey said...

congratulations on your win! Lindsey x

Nance Leedy said...

LeAnne, this card is even prettier in person! I love the watercolored flowers. Thank you so much for thinking of me. Your heartfelt greetings really touched my heart. Thank you! ((hugs))