Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Sympathy SSC244, CTD181


Squeezing in another post today, so I can make the Stamping 411 deadline!  Unfortunately, we needed a sympathy card this week, and as I was looking through my DP for something appropriate, I found some beautiful papers that matched the Color Throwdown colors for this week:


I let most of the work be done by the paper....I added a couple of sentiments, some nesties & pearls, and finished it with a seam binding bow:


I used the Stamping 411 sketch for this week:


and tucked in a little sentiment under the bow:


Now, off to the mail it goes!  Edited to add:  Paper is K&Co Cut & Paste Designer pad, Naturals Ivory card base, Blush Blossom, and Certainly Celery; sentiments are from SU's Thoughts & Prayers and Verve; seam binding is from SU.  

This morning I moved this little table & chairs to our living room so that Cassidy would have a place to sit, look out the window (one of her first words was "tree"), read and play.  This set belonged to my maternal grandmother; the bottoms of many of my cousins warmed it for probably 60 years or so!



Now, another generation is putting it to good use!  Have a blessed day, everyone!

14 comments:

Sasha said...

I love your interpretation of the challenge...your card is just beautiful!

Selene Kempton said...

So very pretty! I love seeing pictures of your girl!

jengd said...

Gorgeous card- just sorry it had to be a sympathy one. :(

Anonymous said...

LeAnn - beautiful card and interpretation. Would you be willing to share the info on the paper and stamp? I read your blog daily for a source of inspiration in paper crafting, faith and family. All the things I value highly. BTW, everytime I put my email address in the identity box,it read "illegal characters." Otherwise, you'd have my info. debra

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

This card is amazing. I love checking out your work. It's all beautiful!

Patti said...

A lovely card that conveys your message beautifully. What a wonderful family heirloom that you can now share with your granddaughter.

Deb Buckminster said...

Your card is PERFECTION! Beautiful details that make it special, yet the focus remains on the messages of comfort and hope.

It's a joy to watch your lil granddaughter grow and develop under your watchful care (and camera)!

Broni said...

Love your beautiful card, LeAnne! That paper is gorgeous! I'm so glad you could play this week! I can't believe how grown-up Cassidy is not! She's precious! How lucky you are to get to spend so much time with her!

Wanda Cullen said...

LeAnne, your card is gorgeous, but I have to say...Cassidy steals the show in this post! :-) What a cutie she is! Thanks for playing along with us at Color Throwdown!

Linda said...

Another beautiful card! You are so amazing! Sorry you need it. The colors are perfect for the challenge.
Love the table story. So nice to have those things to pass down. Oh the stories that table could tell.

Darlene Gabriel said...

Such a soft and pretty sympathy card. I'm sorry you had need of it. This will surely touch the hearts of those who receive it.
I love the story/background of the table & chairs which Cassidy is enjoying now.

Tammy said...

Very pretty!! It's gorgeous!

Unknown said...

This is such a pretty card, LeAnne. No fun when you have to make a sympathy card, though... :( Sorry about that. These are darling photos of Cassidy, love that smile. :) Have a great week!

All the Angles said...

Such a PRETTY card :)