Monday, February 27, 2012

Merry Monday #9


Happy Monday everyone!  I hope you all had a good weekend!  I was thrilled to find out that my friend Lesley asked me to be the guest designer this week for her Merry Monday challenge!  If you are ready to get a head start on your Christmas cards this year, this is the challenge for you!  Each week she has a sketch to get your creative juices flowing, and I just LOVE this week's!  Plus, she is having a little contest giveaway, so you NEED to go check out her blog!  Now, here's the sketch:


And here is my take on it:


I had some lovely papers my friend Martha gave to me, and this particular pattern looked pretty with Pool Party, so I did a monochromatic "snowy" scene.  Pool Party is such a glorious color, but it is a bit difficult to photograph as it is a rather subtle color!  I hope you can see the details!   I used some Nesties to encircle my image, which is embellished with some Dazzling Diamonds "snow":


My sentiment was also embellished with some silver Glimmer Paper and a little ruffled ribbon!   The background panel was embossed with SU's Snow Burst embossing folder.  I was so happy with my card,  I made another one using a little piece of my designer paper that I had left, using a different layout.  For my focal point, I used a tag I picked up on sale after the holidays last year:


I added a sentiment and glttered it up a bit, and tied it all together with a glimmer brad on the tag:


I hope you will play with Lesley and all the other Merry Monday participants with your Christmas card this week! 


Who knew a stapler could be so enthralling???  I think she will be an engineer....if there is something mechanical, she wants to take it apart to see how it works!!!

12 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

You dd is too cute!! I love your cards as well!! Baja Breeze is my fave!! So soft and pretty!!

Linda said...

Just as long as she can put it back together. LOL.
I love your card made with the Pool Party. I didn't get any of that paper yet. I wish the in colors would stay and that you knew they were staying. I hate falling in love with a color and then I can get it. Wine Wine Wine. Sorry its Monday morning and I got up tooooooo early. LOL
I do love your cards.

Sherry Eckblad said...

Love your card! That color is just beautiful.

Betty Benton said...

Your blue is just beautiful and those embossed white edges are just gorgeous! a lovely, card! and little miss inquisitive is still at it -- I wonder what kind of invention she will come up with?

Cheryl M. said...

I'm awestruck! Your vertical design accentuates the drama of snowfall on housetops and more..."and then in a twinkling I heard..."

Carol Lucas said...

Very pretty cards: I love all the glimmer. The dazzling diamonds really make it feel frosty. Nice!

Charlette Finley said...

Both of your Christmas cards are wonderful. I laughed so hard when I saw Cassidy with the stapler. My granddaughter asked for a stapler for Easter last year. It's her favorite thing in the world. The only problem is I can not get her enough staples!

dpkennedy said...

These are both very pretty LeAnne!

Lesley said...

A pretty card in blue! Love this LeAnne, the Pool Party colour is frosty and delightful. Your wee engineer looks deep in thought!! Such a sweetie! Thank you for joining me this week dear friend!
Hugs,
Lesley

Linda Fisher said...

BOTH cards are DAZZLING! Love all the detail, great creativity!

Lisa said...

Gorgeous cards LeAnne! I absolutely love your first card...the Pool Party with the White is just perfect! It reminds me of winter here...when the snow is falling and there is a bluish cast to everything. Just lovely!

Bonnie said...

I love this soft, serene card, LeAnne. And what a gorgeous tag.