Tuesday, February 21, 2012

ColourQ125 & CPS153

DSCF6208-1

Happy Tuesday, everyone!  It’s ColourQ time again!  Check out this comfy comforter color inspiration from Arielle:

cqc125

When I saw this card that Christina had made, using the Card Patterns Sketch 153, the wheels started to turn!  Here’s the sketch:

and here’s my card:

CQC125-LeAnne

I guess I did a sort of  literal interpretation here!  I chose some floral stamps and did some stamping, embossing and emboss resist techniques, then punched them into 1” squares and mounted them on an embossed and scalloped panel.   I just happened to have some coordinating fabric brads, and since the colors were a bit earthy, I thought it would make an appropriate sympathy card.

DSCF6208-2

If you have any questions about products or techniques, be sure to shoot me an email and I’ll be happy to give you details.  Just make sure you give me an email address contact information.  I can’t wait to see how you interpret these colors!  Be sure to stop on over at the CQC blog and check out what the other designers created, and share your masterpiece as well!

DSCF6224  DSCF6220

DSCF6218

DSCF6221

 DSCF6232

They learn quickly what to do with those cell phones, don’t they?

17 comments:

Becky said...

Too cute....they definitely know what to do with them...she'll be texting next, lol! Oh btw, love your card...great design!!!

Linda Fisher said...

I've thoroughly enjoy my morning Java with you today! This card gives me a great idea for using up some of my scraps laying around. Thanks for providing all the great inspiration!

Judith said...

I always look forward to seeing her. She is just too cute. A precious doll.

Love all of your cards.

Julie A. said...

Beautiful card! Cute photos of your grand-daughter with the phone. My 8-year old son accidentally knocked the phone off of the couch yesterday and it fell in my cup of coffee:( I was sitting on the floor cutting card stock. LOL!!! Guess I'll have to go buy another one...

Christina said...

Thanks for the shout-out, friend! I just love those stamped and embossed squares--there's so much detail to pull you in to each one. The fabric brads are such a perfect touch, too!

Linda said...

You are so stinkin clever. This is amazing. I love all the texture.
Oh yes they do learn early. So amazing how they know just what to do with a cell phone. Really sweet pictures.

Monika/Buzsy said...

She is such a cutie pie LeAnne! Love the pink on her. Fabulous card! I love the 'tiles' you made. The embossing looks great! I also love the fabric brads! :o)

Betty Benton said...

Wonderful card -- looks like a patchwork quilt!

Looks like Cassidy talks with her hands -- so cute!

Linda Callahan said...

Love this card! What a great sketch - you scope out the best stuff!

Unknown said...

This is SO fabulous, LeAnne!! I LOVE the "faux quilting" and the florals are gorgeous and RICH looking! :)Love the texture in the scallops, too! :)

Vicky Hayes said...

Just fabulous LeAnne! I love the 'quilt' effect and the embossed and stamped designs work so beautifully together! Your cute granddaughter made me smile with her phone photos - speaking on the phone fascinates little ones doesn't it!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh goodness your granddaughter is a sweetie!! Love this beautiful and masterfully created card! The texture, the patterns...wonderful!

Jenny said...

I love those colourful squares, I can see how you were inspired from the photo :0)
Cute photos of your granddaughter.... Won't be long before she wants her own phone!
Jenny x

Marybeth said...

Hi LeAnne, I love your literal interpretation of the picture. This is gorgeous ! Looks so much like a quilt. Beautiful embossing too! They do learn fast and love the phones , because we use them so much. Have a great weekend.

Tracey McNeely said...

Love your choice of designer papers.

Shirley Pumpkin said...

I love how the card looks like a Quilt. This is a great color combo to work with and your card is Quiltalicious!!

Hugs
Shirley

kingstonmama said...

Beautiful card and wonderful inspiration for the challenge. Your granddaughter is a real cutie. :) Ann Y.