Sunday, February 19, 2012

Paper Players 83

DSCF6172
Happy Sunday and welcome back to another Paper Players challenge!  Today Anne Marie has chosen a CAS theme for us---masculine!
I have two little great-nephews, so I chose to make a “youthful” masculine birthday card:
PP83-LeAnne
I chose to use two bright primary colors, Real Red and Pacific Point, along with some retired DP and a current set, Delightful Dozen, which is a really great sentiment set!
DSCF6175
I was also able to use a couple of fun punched borders that my sweet friend Linda made for me----she just happened to do one of each in the colors I chose, so I pieced them together to make one multi-colored one!  I also used the Freshly Made Sketch 22 from this week, too:
I hope you’ll use this Clean and Simple challenge to soup up  your stash of masculine cards!!!  Come play with us and share your creation over at the Paper Players blog!  And while you’re there, be sure to check out all the other goodies the designers have made! 
Reading time with Grampy!
DSCF6151
 DSCF6158 
DSCF6156
Thanks for visiting today!

17 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Love the bright birthday card! The 1-2-3- border is adorable! And is that a sponge dauber I spy?? Must be Cassidy is going to sponge the edges of her pages to dress them up a bit :)

My Creative Side said...

I love your card! Its a great boy card for sure!!! Love all the numbers on the DSP and the border of numbers at the top!

Linda said...

I was wondering if those were ones I sent you. Great idea to cut off the a b c. Love the card. Great idea! Love the Sketch.
Nothing sweeter than a little girl and her grandpa reading. Love this!

Tara Bourgoin said...

Super cute card! Love how you cut the "Happy Birthday" our of the stamp and mounted it - what a clever way to give it something a little extra!

Carol L said...

This is such a cute card with those number borders! Love it!!

Betty Benton said...

A fun and bright birthday card -- wonderful stars and number border! I had to go back and find the sponge dauber -- I bet you just love the one of Cassidy looking up at her Grampy!

Ann Schach said...

What a delightful card, LeAnne! It is so bright and cheery! And I love Cassidy's pink boots...how sweet!

Lesley said...

Grampy loves reading with her! What sweet photos!! Your card is perfect, that border punch out from Linda is awesome, really adds to your already perfect card! Enjoy your Sunday!

Denise Willerton said...

Fabulous card ~ what a great masculine card LeAnne...I find these so difficult, but you nailed it ~ I'm sure hoping to stamp this week and join in these challenges ~ have a great day, I'd better get back to my knitting ~ loving my quiet day!

Denise Marzec said...

Awesome card!

Anne Marie Hile said...

You know, Pacific Point is one of those colors that I wish i used more...and you just gave me perfect inspiration to do just that, my friend! Wow! Love the bold, bright, birthday goodness on this one. Those punched borders are awesome, too.

Now let's talk about Miss C! I love the photo of her reading with her grandpa...complete with a sponge dauber, for good measure. That kid has some adorable outfits. I love that she is always accessorized, too!

Tui Nathan said...

Gorgeous card ... love the bright funky colours and the die cut numbers are fab!
Love your pics too of little Miss Cassidy ... so true Anne Maree, she has some gorgeous wee outfits, I don't think I've seen her in any outfit twice!!!

Kim Evans said...

So glad Grampy got a lesson in reading today LOL!!!

Nancy said...

Fabulous card LeAnne, love the bright and cheery colors especially the # border perfect little boy card.
Your granddaughter with her Gramps is of course the best, she's adorable.

Jen Mitchell said...

Masculine and kids all rolled into one fab card! The 123 border is so cute and matches the dp perfectly!

Jen Timko said...

From the point of view of two little boys, this might be the perfect card (they really like it). That border is so great with the DSP and I love the stars. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Vicky Hayes said...

This is a fabulous boys' card LeAnne! I really like the bright colour combination and the border is brilliant!