Tuesday, February 28, 2012

CQC126 & DS40


Happy Tuesday!  It's ColourQ day and Arielle has a fun color challenge for us today!  Just check out these cute little place settings:


I chose not to focus on the owls this time around, but I did think that the colors begged for a natural theme!!  Here you go:


I don't normally find mushrooms too appealing on a card, but I thought these colors would be fun with the little mushrooms from Funky Four!  I stamped one in each of  three challenge colors and popped them up on an embossed oval from Designer Frames:



Using an assortment of polka-dotted DPs, I used the sketch from Deconstructed Sketch, #40:


The other embellishments include some bakers twine and matching brads;  the card is note-card size; just perfect for a quick little thank you!  I hope you'll play along with these fun colors.  Be sure to share your creation with us at the CQC blog, and check out what the other designers created this week as well!  We can't wait to see them!  You may even be chosen as the ColourQ Queen!

We have learned to play "Ring-a-Round-a-Rosy"!!!  Of course, the falling down part is the best!






20 comments:

Pam~ said...

Love, love, love it, LeAnne! I was drawn to this set the first time I saw it! The mushrooms look great in these colors and cut apart! Adorable card!!!

Judith said...

She is just so precious. I know she is a joy.

Linda said...

Cute Cute Cute You come up with the best cards!
I bet Cassidy thinks the best games too. I hope you aren't going round and round and falling down. LOL

Denise Willerton said...

what a fabulous card ~ I love the embossed oval within the Designer Frame LeAnne, brilliant, I just used the Designer Frame on my last card too ~ Love It ~ have a great day with Cassidy :-)

THINGS YOU'D NEVER GUESS ABOUT ME said...

wow. Now I have to set my computer on my desk and try to do everything just like you did. You always put so much detail into your cards. I always stop too soon I guess.

Linda Fisher said...

I agree with you on the colors and a natural theme, BUT you knocked it out of the park, I love it!

kat said...

As usual I'm loving your creations AND your other little giggly creation but my main reason for commenting was to congratulating you on winning the Spellbinder's goodies [geez, now I forget which blog it was and for what sketch/creation! duh!] but congrats anyhow!

Betty Benton said...

Your card is Way up there on the Happy Scale!! And so is Miss C -- what a look of joy on her face!

Sherry Eckblad said...

I am loving your card LeAnne and I would of never thought to use mushrooms, but they look perfect.

Cathymac said...

Cute colors and theme, LeAnne...love the mushrooms and the twine in the middle of the banner...I'll have to remember that one!
Cassidy looks like she had a blast playing that dizzy game! LOL!

Patti said...

Love the mushrooms. This is an adorable thank you card. I love visiting and seeing how much your granddaughter has grown. She is a cutie.

N@ Ali said...

a perfect thank you card

Darlene Gabriel said...

Yes, falling down is the best part of the game - Cassidy is so sweet.
I like your card. What a great job with these difficult (for me anyways) colours. I like your use of the bakers twine and brads.

Sue Wieberg said...

This card caught my eye right away. It is fantastic. I have this stamp set and have yet to use it. You have inspired me. I also really like the three brads on the bottom. This card is a work of art!

Arielle H Gordon said...

LeAnne, your card is just pure magic! I love it! And look at sweet Cassidy! So beautiful!

Marybeth said...

Sweet card LeAnne! I love all the polka dots you used and the cute mushrooms. That oval looks great too. I have a table by the window for the little ones too.

Tracey McNeely said...

Love that colourQ card,those mushrooms and the oval tag and awesome.

Mynn xx said...

This is FABULOUS! LOVE those little mushrooms!!! :) And your twine and brads are the perfect touch to go with your amazing dry embossing! :)

Marlena M. said...

Awww, such a sweet photo!

I love your mushroom card-adorable. ;)

Silke Ledlow said...

Totally cute card! The mushroom image is awesome and works so well with the colors! Hugs ~S~