Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Monkey Challenge 97


Happy Wednesday, everyone!  This card today is for my sweet friend Denise!  I don't usually post cards before they are sent to their recipients, but I was so excited about the REASON for the card, I had to share it early.  So Denise, this is on its way to you!  If you check out Denise's blog, ChezMoi Creations, you'll see that she not only stamps but she knits too!  And this is what she made for my wee little DGD:


Aren't they sweet?  Three shades of pink and some fun sparkly buttons!  Cassidy is not real happy about mittens right now, but she will wear them if it is cold enough outside!  I can't wait to see them on her little hands!  Thanks, Denise!  And now, to my little thank you card:


I used the Monkey Challenge sketch 97, which is Anything Goes, and I turned it on its side to make better use of my cute little image:


A few fun papers from my stash along with an embossed button and some floss, finished it off! 

You know those moments when all is quiet and you start to panic, because it's TOO quiet, and what could they be up to??  This was one of those moments:



She climbed up on the couch all by herself to read her book!   Thanks for stopping by today!

11 comments:

Frenchie said...

Oh my goodness,yes I know those moments ! Never know with these smart kids , she looks all grown up !
Ms leann good idea on your card, I love it , tfs.,
Hugs frenchie ,

Linda said...

Adorable card and Yea a READER!!!

Denise Willerton said...

LeAnne ~ you make me *smile* ~ my card is wonderful, can't wait to hold this one....you know that I LOVE your cards ~ my girlfriends oohhh & aahhh at your creations as well! I usually hear 'and this one's from LeAnne I suppose' ~ thank you so much and I can't wait to see those darling little hands in those mitties! I hope Cassidy warms up to them :-) Have a wonderful day my friend ~ you bless me ~

Linda Callahan said...

Your knitting card is so sweet! Love that image! And I love that angelic reader as well! What a good girl! Although I do enjoy those tissue tossing pictures as well :)

Betty Benton said...

A beautiful card for a fabulous gift!! Those mittens are just adorable -- I bet Cassidy will love wearing them 'cause they're so "girly"!!

Sherry Eckblad said...

What a great card. Love the paper and that basket image. So sweet of your friend to make mittens for Cassidy. My Micah is the exact same way, he will not wear them, no matter what.

Unknown said...

The mittens are gorgeous, well deserving of the beautiful card you made for her. Uses the sketch fro A La Card Monkey nicely.

Darlene Gabriel said...

Leanne, this is the perfect thank you card for Denise and I know she will love it. I look forward to seeing it IRL next time I'm at her home. Love that basket full of wool and your colouring is perfect. The mittens are adorable that's for sure. How sweet to find Cassidy reading by herself.

Diane Vander Galien said...

So Cute!!! What a perfect thank you card!! Great job coloring and love the color combo!! Thanks for playing along with A La Card Monkey, Diane

Marie said...

I love the knitting basket, it really pops. The colors in it go so well with the dsp. Thanks for playing at A La Card Monkey.

Shirley Pumpkin said...

What a fun Card! Love the color combo and the perfect job on the coloring job. SO Cute! Thanks for joining us at A La Card Monkey this week!!

Hugs
Shirley