Thursday, March 1, 2012

Perk Up Soon


Happy Thursday, peeps!  Last week I lamented that my PC bit the dust and had to be taken to my computer repair guy.  He is an awesome guy, goes to my church, and has always been quick to make the fix.  I began to get concerned when I didn't hear from him in a couple of days and I found out yesterday that he is in the hospital!  OH NO!!!  I guess I can't bug him about my piddly problems, huh?  So I made him a card that just happened to fit three challenges:

So here is my little note card (I am stuck on these 3 1/2 x 5" things):


I used a retired SU set called Puns from the Past, some scraps of paper from my scrap bin, and the Woodgrain background stamp on a Crumb Cake card.  I punched out the scraps with a 1 1/4" square punch, then rounded the opposite corners, and did the same on the card itself.  The image was stamped with Always Artichoke ink and vintaged up by dabbing a Crumb Cake inkpad right on top!!  I only wish I had sponged the edges of my little squares, I hate seeing those white edges.  But I hope he DOES perk up soon!!!!

Cassidy was playing with a ball yesterday; front view:

Back view:


Darn those elastic waist pants!

11 comments:

Kim Evans said...

Your little miss is just flashing the latest trend there! LOL!! Sorry to hear about your computer guru. Hopefully your card will help him get back in the swing. Have a great day!!

Tammy said...

Beautiful CAS card with the vintage image!
Thanks for playing with us at LRW!!

Sherry Eckblad said...

love your card and that sentiment is just perfect with that perkulator.
Looks like Cassidy had a fun day with her Grandma yesterday.

Linda Fisher said...

Isn't Cassidy just the cutest from any ANGLE! Love your card, I came in right next to you on More is Less! Hope things get straightened out with your computer, this card will certainly brighten up your friends day.

Linda said...

Oh that table is so cute.
You know they just don't make little girl pants long enough on top. I was always telling my first grade girls to pull there shirts down in back. At least Cassidy is covered up.
Sorry to here about your computer guy. I hope he feels better soon. Your card is very nice. I am getting the same way about the edges but your paper already looks like it is inked. I really like the rounded corners.

Lesley said...

Oh no! Poor guy!! Poor you!! Lovely card for him, hope he will feel better soon. Cassidy is having so much fun!! *smiles*

Rosanne said...

Love this CAS card! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon!

Pam~ said...

Sorry to hear about your friend being ill, but I know this card will make his day better! I love the simplicity of this and that it used scraps ... woohoo!

Chrissie said...

Great card LeAnne, I love that 4 square design!
Thanks so much for joining us.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Mandi said...

Super card LeAnne, gorgeous little girl
Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Jenn Picard said...

What a perfect masculine get well card. I always struggle with "guy" cards. Hope you friend is feeling better. Thanks for joining us at Stampin' Royalty this week.