Thursday, February 9, 2012

Merry Monday Challenge #6

DSCF4198
Just a quick little post with my Christmas card this week, using Lesley’s sketch:
and some vintagey Christmas stamps & BG Wassail paper:
DSCF4197
This didn’t turn out quite as well as I had hoped; I stamped the image on some watercolor paper, which caused the ink to be absorbed and a little faded.  I overstamped it with a Linen BG stamp to help it out a little!
DSCF4196
I also stamped my sentiment circle with Linen as well, and added some red glitter around the edge of my Santa.  Oh well, you win some, you lose some!
Here’s a winner for sure!   This is the first time she’s ridden this little rocking horse she got for Christmas, and it’s almost too small for her:
DSCF4191
If you press its ear, it makes a whinnying sound, then some music.  She loves the whinny, but NOT the music!
DSCF4193
Aw….

12 comments:

Denise Willerton said...

oh my goodness ~ I can hear her LeAnne....so so sweet!!! okay now I've had my morning laugh, better get myself together for the day...your Joyeux Noel is fabulous too! TFS and enjoy your day

Wendy said...

Love your Christmas card, LeAnne! Like the softness of the image and all those Basic Grey papers!
Cassidy looks adorable on her rocking horse! Such a cute little girl!!! :)

Sharon said...

Very pretty card. And as always I love the pictures of your Granddaughter!

Julia Aston said...

Love the vintage Santa and pretty papers on your card LeAnne!

Love the face - how quickly they go from happy to upset!!

Lesley said...

Oh dear, poor kidlet. She looked so happy in the first pic! Great vintage Christmas card LeAnne. Thanks for joining me. Have a great day!

Betty Benton said...

Life is so unfair -- you should be able to have one without the other!! Give me the whinny but hold the music!!

Cathymac said...

Love your vintage Christmas card, Leanne! I'm trying to follow your example to do a Christmas card a week...we'll see how long I can keep it up! LOL! My how Cassidy is growing...she's a toddler!

Brandi said...

LeAnne,

Thank you for the sweet comment on my blog. You asked about the Smitten sentiment. I actually bought it last week in the 1$ bin @ AC Moore craft store. It was a great find.

This is a gorgeous vintage santa image. Great job!

Lisa said...

I love your card LeAnne! I think the look of Father Christmas came out wonderful and I love the papers you used.

Victoria said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! This is a fabulous Christmas card. I love the vintage yet traditional feel. Gorgeous photos!

Linda said...

Oh Cassidy looks so sad in the last picture. I didn't think she every looked like that. I know just how she feels. That is my reactions to a lot of music I hear. LOL
Love the card I need to get my weekly Christmas cards made tomorrow.
I got my lovely card today. Wow is it gorgeous! I love how you do the crinkly bows. Thank you!

Kim Evans said...

She is too cute!!! I love your card, too. I actually like the way it turned out - very vintage-y. I think the linen overstamp did the trick!!
Have a great weekend!
Kim