Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Merry Monday #8

DSCF6265

Happy Wednesday!  I managed to make my Christmas card a little earlier this week, using Lesley’s Merry Monday sketch #8:

And here is my creation:

DSCF6266

My image and background are from Crafty Secrets; the sentiment is from Flourishes:

DSCF6268 

I stamped my vintage Santa on Naturals Ivory cardstock with Not Quite Navy ink, then overstamped the music with Baja Breeze.  Some Baja Breeze seam binding provided a little additional embellishment.

 DSCF6267

I really wanted to add some bling or glitter or a button or something, but I forced myself to leave it CAS—less postage this way!  Thanks for visiting today!

Cassidy LOVES grapes.  We are teaching her that she cannot eat in our living room, so this chair has become her go-to chair for any quick little snack!  It is close to the living room doorway, so once she’s finished, she can make a quick getaway to her toys!

DSCF6247

DSCF6251

DSCF6257

All done!

16 comments:

Becky said...

Beautiful without any blingy stuff....those blues are gorgeous!

Shelia said...

your vintage Santa card is so cute. Love the color combo. And Cassidy is adorable!!

Denise Willerton said...

fabulous card for your stash.....and please grammy...may I have some more!!!! Cassidy, you are so sweet! have a great day LeAnne :-)

Frenchie said...

Oh , Ms Leanne I love your card ,simple but very very elegant , TFs, that picture is so her, , she don't have to say anything her face tells it all ,,,, so sweat !
I tell my husband that's our stamping baby )
And thanks for shearing her with us !
Hugs frenchie,
A bit of dood news on our granddaughter , 3/15 , will know something ! Please prey !
Thank you !

Anonymous said...

I love those two stamp companies too! Your "blues" were awesome! Are you sure Cassidy isn't signalling for more grapes?! LOL She sure is entertaining and cute as can be! debra

THINGS YOU'D NEVER GUESS ABOUT ME said...

Do you save these and use them at Christmas or do you go into overdrive in November and make new ones?

SURPRISE! I have several cards on my post today!

Sherry Eckblad said...

Love your card, especially the papers and the stamping behind your image.

Catie Cuddles said...

Oh that is a beautiful card with clearly so much work in it. I love it!

Lesley said...

Gorgeous in blue! Love that music stamped lightly behind the main image. Very pretty card LeAnne!!!

Carol Lucas said...

Beautiful card! Love those blues!

Bonnie said...

Congratulations on your win last week. It was an amazing card. This one is too! I love the blue, the paper, the music background and the lovely script on the sentiment.

dpkennedy said...

This card is so pretty! I love the soft blue! Cassidy is getting so big! Such a cutie!

Linda said...

That is a great idea to put the chair by the room. You should write a How to be a Wonderful Grandmother book.
Love your card I want to do a card tomorrow.

Betty Benton said...

Love how you carried the muscial stamping onto the background of the setiment! So pretty in blues!

All done, except for the one grape still clutched in her fist!!! So cute!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Just beautiful in blue, LeAnne! I did a blue one for Merry Monday, too. That's where I spied yours. Love the subtle musical note background you used.

Your blog has a new look, too, and the blog sidebar decor takes my breath away! Simply gorgeous.

Narelle Farrugia said...

Wow LeAnne! Love the stamp sets you've used and you can never go wrong with blue & white for Christmas