Sunday, June 28, 2015

Paper Players 251

DSCF0602-001

Happy Sunday, peeps!  Wow, this past week was a crazy one!  A big storm,  no power for a couple of days and a trip to visit my college roomies!  Havin’ a good time!  Nance is our hostess this week for the Paper Players with an awesome sketch!  Check it out:

I pulled out some new goodies and went to work:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Paper Players 251 Awesomely Artistic

I love the rustic feel of this woodgrain from the Farmer’s Market DSP and I thought it went nicely with the florals from Awesomely Artistic (which I can tell will be getting a lot of use from me this year!):

DSCF0604

I stamped them with Stazon black on watercolor paper and did some loose coloring with Tangelo Twist and Pear Pizzazz, then added a banner with a sentiment from A Dozen Thoughts.  I added the dragonfly and some speckles in Smoky Slate on the background:

DSCF0603

The orange banner was a piece of Tangerine Tango in my stash that I had stamped in a gingham pattern but decided not to use, so I resurrected it for this project!  I also had a little heart button floating around on my desk, so I added some linen thread and plopped it on there too!

This is such a great sketch, I hope that you’ll play along with us this week…can’t wait to see what you create!  Check out what the others did as well:

Cassidy accompanied me to the garden with her own shovel that Grampy got her and her snow boots, since she doesn’t have any wellies….we’ll be on the lookout for some of them at yard sales this summer!

DSCF0633

DSCF0635

I think this must be her pirate face, LOL!  Enjoy your day!

22 comments:

None None said...

I love this, LeAnne! The dragonfly looks perfectly at home against the woodgrain DSP! Your watercoloring is just awesome and I'm going to have to look up that stamp set online as I will finally have some free time this week. Hopefully you have some down time this week and no more power failures!

Mitzi Luttrull said...

What a beautiful card, LeAnn! I like the flowers against the wood background. It makes for a nice contrast.

LeAnne said...

Thanks, Christy!

LeAnne said...

Thanks so much, Mitzi!

Bonnie said...

Oooh! This is so pretty, LeAnne! This set is at the top of my list! Love how you stamped the dragonflies!

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, this is gorgeous! I love woodgrain background, but oh, the flowers are just beautiful! No, you have enabled me to buy this set. Your color combo is fantastic! Great card, My Friend!
Cassidy looks like she is ready for any type of weather! Too cute! XX

Frenchie said...

Awwwww, what a beautiful little face , she sooo pretty LeeAnne, she looks like
Jennifer Astin , I think that's how you spell the last name , you'll know who I mean , lol,
Oh to your card , I love it , love it on that color , great job , how you doing LeeAnne? Me good my 21 year old grand daughter is here from California visiting for to weeks ,just love going shopping with her , ok we'll take care ,
Hugs to both of you
Frenchie,

JoAnn said...

Very pretty card. Love the color of the pretty flowers and the woodgrain background is perfect.

Unknown said...

Love those dragonflies on the woodgrain - the way the flowers pop - the sentiment - and then..... as if that wasn't enough - the heart button with a little bow in it! Awwwwhhhhhh beautiful beautiful card. Loving what everyone has done with this sketch challenge!

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful card! Love the dragonflies stamped not he hardwood!

Marisa said...

Love this!! Great wtih the wood panel background!

Elaine M said...

Oh LeAnne! Absolutely perfect!!!

Lisa Elton said...

This is oozing with summer LeAnne!! Love the bright orange flowers, they really draw you in. I just love Cassidy's cute expressions and her cute haircut!

Karren said...

Gorgeous card! The dragonflies on the background are such a clever touch and add so much interest. Thanks for having me on the team for the last six months - it's been so much fun!

laurie said...

I just love how you stamped the dragonflies on the background! Your flowers are so pretty too. I just love this sketch, and the great cards everyone is making with it!

Unknown said...

My email is: Ldob63@gmail.com

Nance Leedy said...

LeAnne, this card makes my heart happy! Love the rustic touches of woodgrain and thread, the homespun feel of the hearts and gingham and I ADORE the background stamping of dragonflies and speckles. Paired with the riot of beautiful flowers, it makes for a gorgeous card! Thanks for making my sketch shine!!

stampwithsandy said...

Such a beautiful card, LeAnne! This stamp set is on my wish list but hasn't made it into my cart yet. That woodgrain paper is awesome, even more so that you stamped on it, and I love the contrast of the bright flowers and card stock. Just gorgeous!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I LOVE this card LeAnne! I got this set out to use this week then saw yours and immediately went back to the drawing board as mine wasn't half as good!! I love the woodgrain background with the dragonflies stamped on it - gorgeous!

Judi said...

Great card! Love how the dragonflies look like shadows on the wood grain.

stampwithamyk said...

Simply stunning! I love, love, love the dragonfly stamped on the woodgrain panel. Fantastic colors, beautiful card!

Unknown said...

Your card is fantastic Le Anne !!!!