Thursday, June 25, 2015

Happy Leon Day

DSCF0626

Have you ever heard of Leon Day?  Me either!  Well, Leon is “Noel” spelled backwards, and June 25 signals that Christmas is only six months away!  I decided to join Patience Brewster in celebrating Leon Day and since I tend to focus on hand-stamped cards for Christmas, that’s what I went for!  I perused the PB website (there are so many interesting Christmas ornaments and decorations there….so cute!) and came up with this one called Huck Raccoon as my inspiration!  And here is my card, using the retired Merry Crittermas:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Patience Brewster Inspired Christmas Card Merry Crittermas Stampin Up

I stamped the wee raccoons with Stazon and watercolored them, then added a banner (Endless Thanks and Good Greetings), and oval frame, some red & white baker’s twine and some diecut holly!

DSCF0628

DSCF0629

Then I stamped this fun sentiment & added a diecut on the inside: 

DSCF0630

Both the holly & jolly diecuts are from Lil’Inker, as is the sentiment!  I hope you’ll pop by the Patience Brewster website to get yourself in the holiday mood!  Thanks for stopping by today!

We lost our power this week for 30 hours due to a quick-moving storm on Tuesday….not a fun thing when you rely on a well and the pump to get water.  Blessedly,  the weather was cool and not humid, so we didn’t suffer that way!  We got our power back today and now we’re scrambling to clean up…when you have no water, you can’t clean!  Very thankful for the repair crews!

Cassidy made a tent for her little boy doll using a blanket and her chairs!

DSCF0222

DSCF0223

DSCF0224

Nighty night!

5 comments:

Darlene Gabriel said...

As soon as I saw this pop into my email box, I said "woohoo she must have her power back":)
No, I haven't heard of Leon day before. Thanks for sharing this adorable card today.
What a cute tent for Cassidy's doll.

*Vicki* said...

These critters are just as cute as can be LeAnne!! BUT...I could do without that reminder of Christmas!! LOL!! :) Enjoy the sunshine!!

Lisa Elton said...

Aren't they a cute little pair! This is an adorable card LeAnne. Little kids love tents and forts don't they. I look forward to that with Penelope!!

Renita G. said...

So glad you have power again. Cute card, and of course Cassidy and that imagination of hers just makes me smile.

Bananastamper said...

Your Leon card is delightful! I love everything about it. Sorry to hear about your power outage, yikes!
Shanna :)