Friday, June 12, 2015

Mojo Monday 401 Grad Card

DSCF0423

Happy Friday peeps!  Hope you have a great weekend planned!  I needed to make a few more graduation cards so for one of them, I used the Mojo Monday sketch for this week:

I was wracking my brain, trying to come up with a different set to use that would encourage and congratulate a new graduate, and I remember the Papertrey set, Star Prints.  I pulled out some star-studded DSP from MME called Fly a Kite, then stamped my images in some matching colors and mounted it on a Pear Pizzazz card base:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Papertrey Star Way to Go Graduation Card

I did emboss the smaller panel with the Star EF from SU; added some baker’s twine atop my little zigzag panel, and added a red rhinestone to the center of the star:

DSCF0424

And here’s the inside with sentiments from Class of 2015, Something to Say and again, PTI’s Star Prints:

DSCF0425

It was fun to mix and match sets!  Thanks for visiting today!

Well, it’s not officially summer here in PA, but you couldn’t tell from the thermometer yesterday…hot & sticky!  I got out the Slip & Slide, extended it a wee bit with another piece of plastic, and Cassidy and her cousins had a blast:

5 YO Trent went at it full blast!

DSCF0439

Cassidy was a bit more lady-like!

DSCF0437

3 YO Jack never let up…he was like a sliding machine!

DSCF0438

And after a few slippery attempts, 2YO Chaz just decided to throw water on everyone! 

DSCF0442

Enjoy your day!

9 comments:

Linda said...

Beautiful card! I love the colors.
She looks so grown up. The kids next door had there S and S out one day this week too. Now it has rained for the past two day and it is cool again. Enjoy your summer weather.

stampwithsandy said...

Great take on the sketch! Love the colors!

JoAnn said...

Great card. Love the colors.
The photos are precious. They really look like they had a good time.

Dawn Tidd said...

This is definitely a five star card! Love all the color. That slide looks like fun! Did you try?

Lisa Elton said...

You had me with the polka dot star!! This is cute LeAnne. Looks like the kids had a GREAT time!

LeAnne said...

Lol!!! I went sledding last winter, but throwing myself on wet plastic in a bathing suit???? No way!

Jen Mitchell said...

I think stars are such a great image to use on graduation cards. Love your colorful take on that theme! It's been hot and sticky here too so a slip & slide would be just the thing to cool things off!

Julia Aston said...

Love the colors, design and all the pretty stars on this great Grad card ! what fun on the slip n slide - oh to be a kid again!! have a great weekend! Julia xx

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Love this! All those colorful stars make me so happy! Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!