Monday, June 8, 2015

One-Layer Vintage Thank You

DSCF0345

Hi everyone, hope you had a good weekend!   I had a busy Friday & Saturday, and Sunday we had our church picnic, but the afternoon was leisurely and productive!  I did get a wee bit of stampin’ time in and made a one-layer card (which is a challenge in itself), for three challenges:  CASology wants vintage; Just Us Girls has a word challenge of “summer”; and As You See It wants one layer!   I needed a thank you card for a friend, so I pulled out some Artistic Outposts stamps, a Very Vanilla cardbase and went to work, doing some collage stamping:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Summer Vintage Artistic Outpost 2

I really wanted to add some layers, but I was determined to just use my stamps!  I stamped the images in Mint Macaron and Soft Sky, with an “oops” of Pool Party (pulled out the wrong ink pad!!).  I did add a wee bit of baker’s twine and did some sponging around the edges.  Stamps used were Boardwalk and A Lovely Day.  I added my sentiment  from SU’s Fabulous Four and some shells to the inside:

DSCF0346

Thanks for stopping by today!

Slip & slide fun!

DSCF0247

DSCF0248

DSCF0251

10 comments:

Bananastamper said...

Fabulously vintage and fun one layer card! One layer is such a challenge, but you have pulled it off so nicely here! Fun mix of colours and stamps!
Shanna :)

Ros Crawford said...

Lovely card!! Thanks so much for playing along at Just us Girls!!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Oh my - looks like so much fun Cassidy! I love seeing that smile on your face.
This is such a cool card LeAnne. Wonderful images and way to go on the one layer;)

Jan Clothier said...

What a lovely card! Such a great colour combination too.

Linda said...

Oh what fun on a nice warm day.
Beautiful card LeAnne. You do vintage so well.

Ina G said...

Fabulous vintage card. Love the collage you created. So summery. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls this week LeAnne. I hope you will join us again soon.

Lisa Elton said...

I'm glad you stuck with just stamping on this one! The collage of elements looks great! Looks like Cassidy is enjoying the warm weather!!

Nancy said...

Love your one layer card LeAnne! This is so well done it looks like DP. Thanks for joining the team and I over at Just Us Girls for our summer challenge!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This is such a great one layer collage - really eye-catching, and I love the colour combo too.

Heather Cooper said...

This is a very effective collage, LeAnne! I love all the shades of blue! Thanks for your contribution to our gallery at As You See It Challenges this week!