Sunday, June 14, 2015

Paper Players 249

DSCF0449

Happy Sunday, peeps!  It’s time for a Paper Players challenge, and this week my sweet friend Sandy is our hostess with a great color combination for us:

Last year, I had a chance to get this older Flourishes stamp called Patriotism on Parade, and this is the first time I’ve inked it up!  It seemed perfect for the colors:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Paper Players 249 Patriotic Celebration Card

This is a notecard-sized card; I stamped the silhouette image on Pool Party, added some “fireworks” from SU’s retired Confetti, and a sentiment from Good Greetings.

DSCF0448

I stamped the bunting in Real Red, trimmed it a little to fit and colored it in lightly with ink and a blender pen, which works perfectly for the Match the Sketch 076 sketch:

I had a piece of beautiful red ribbon already in my stash as well as a piece of already-diecut scalloped Real Red cardstock, so I added them and I was done!  I hope you’ll find some time to play along with our colors;  it doesn’t have to be patriotic!  I am looking forward to see how all you creative stampers use them this week!  Meanwhile, check out what the other designers did:

Making a mud pie!  Yum!

DSCF0420

11 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Glad you finally inked up the silhouette image, it's so cute!! Wonderful card LeAnne.

stampwithsandy said...

What a great collection of patriotic stamps, but then you always seem to have the perfect stamp for the occasion, LeAnne! I love the bunting peeking out of the side and the shiny red ribbon.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a great stamp LeAnne - I love the little row of people, so much going on there! Such a great use of the layout too - it totally works for your card and I love your take on the colours this week!

Debbie Mageed said...

There's a fun parade! I love that stamp! What a wonderful card for a holiday that is coming quickly and also appropriate for Flag Day, which is today. Love it, LeAnne!

Unknown said...

that silhouette parade is so cute and perfect for this color combo challenge. Always inspired by your creativity Leanne!

laurie said...

What a fun parade! Love how you used the colors this week...what a perfect patriotic card!

I used to love to make mud pies..brings back great memories!

Karren said...

Fun card! The silhouette stamp is so cool and I love how you've used these colors.

Unknown said...

What a GREAT stamp set this is!! Love your card!!

Claire Broadwater said...

Fabulous stamp, LeAnne! I love it! It is perfect for any patriotic holiday! The bunting looks great! Great card! XX

stampwithamyk said...

Awesome card! Love that image, perfect for this color scheme. Cute little one making mud pies too. :)

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, this is such a great stamp and I love the bunting on the side of the card. What a great way to combine both challenges. Oh... and I am in love with Cassidy's shorter hair. I love it!
hugs
jaydee