Thursday, March 12, 2015

TSOT209

DSCF8496

Hi peeps!  Happy Thursday!  We had some sunshine and warmer temps yesterday, definitely a cause for celebration!  I made a really simple  “celebration” birthday card using the Try Stampin’ on Tuesday sketch for this  week:

My card is 4 1/4” square and I used some scraps I had lying on my table!  I just love Bermuda Bay and Pool Party together:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Stampin Up Big Day Birthday

I used the cake image from the SAB set, Big Day, stamped it on a Whisper White scrap and colored it with markers, then cut it out, mounted it on a circle of Pool Party, and popped up the candle:

DSCF8497

Some glitter made it extra-yummy!  And since I already had Good Greetings on my desk, I used it to stamp on a little leftover scrap of Best Year Ever DSP for my sentiment.  I added some Dazzling Diamond glimmer paper stars for the final embellishment!

Well, most of the snow is gone, leaving a soggy, wet mess of our yard!  But it was nice enough to ride the trike, and yes, she is in pajama bottoms, since she fell earlier in the day and her jeans were in the laundry! 

DSCF8489

And here’s a closeup of her hat, which Grammy just knitted her:

DSCF8493DSCF8502

Owls!  She actually asked to wear it….a big deal for a kid who prefers to run around as close to unclothed as possible!  LOL!  Enjoy your day!

12 comments:

/p said...

Love the hat! So Cute!

Linda said...

Oh this would have been a perfect card for our challenge at Raisin Boat. You have until noon to link it up I love the colors.
Good old PA one day snow and the next day it is gone. That hat is so adorable. Cassidy has the best Grandma every!

Patricia said...

I love the last picture.

Denise Willerton said...

Sweet bday card LeAnne...and Cassidy is SO beautiful...her owl hat is amazing! Well done..love that pattern!

Lisa Elton said...

Cute card LeAnne, those sparkly stars are the perfect accent! WOW to the fantastic owl hat...looks like it came from a boutique!!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Grammy - you are doing so well for just having started out with the knitting. Such a cute hat and this is a wonderful picture of Cassidy. Cute birthday card. Sorry I'm so far behind on commenting lately.

Crystal Komara said...

Hi Leanne, first can we say how JEALOUS I am that most of the snow has left your yard!? I still have a good 3 feet in mine. I won't see spring until June! I love your birthday card this week. Its simple, which I like, but the silver stars give it a great sparkle! Thanks for joining us again this week at Try Stampin' on Tuesday. Crystal

Bonnie said...

Love these colors! Love the hat too! Very clever!

Carol L said...

Fun card with that cake, but the hat is adorable and Cassidy looks precious wearing it :)

Dawn Tidd said...

Cute, cute card, LeAnne! I love the cake and sparkly stars. I love Cassidy's owl hat too! You're doing awesome with the knitting!

*Vicki* said...

These colors really are gorgeous!! This is such a fun set!! Thanks for sharing another fun idea with it!! :)

barb hendrickson said...

LeAnne,
I think this will be a happy birthday, indeed! What a lovely, sparkly card and great take on the TSOT sketch! Thanks for playing along!