Sunday, March 15, 2015

Paper Players 236

DSCF8584
Happy Sunday, peeps!  It’s time for another Paper Players challenge!  This week, the lovely and talented Ann is our hostess with a clean and simple challenge:
There are so many lovely floral images that SU has out right now, but I had this super cute Sweet Stuff set on my desk for another card, and I thought that the flower image had such a happy smile, it would be fun to use it for today’s challenge!  So here we go:
LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Paper Players 236 Sweet Stuff CAS Stampin Up
Although there are a couple of layers here on my notecard-sized card, it’s still very clean and simple!  I stamped the image in Stazon and colored it with Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizzazz and Pistachio Pudding inks and an aquapainter. 
DSCF8583
I got brave and stamped the sentiment from the photopolymer set So You with some Stazon ink (which doesn’t usually work well with clear stamps) on some retired Pear Pizzazz ribbon, and wonder of wonders, it worked pretty well!  I love the effect!
LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Paper Players 236 Sweet Stuff CAS Stampin Up-001
My stitched layers are from Lil’Inkers and the DSP is some retired SU in Daffodil Delight.  So happy and sunshiney!
I hope you’ll be inspired to play with us this week!  Check out what the other designers did with the challenge as well; you’ll love them:
The winter has been pretty hard on our yard and trees, as you can see by all the branches that have fallen on the ground!  Cassidy wanted to use one as a sword!
DSCF8549
Enjoy your day!

16 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

Super cute, LeAnne!
I am jealous that you have no snow on the ground right now. It is snowing here as I type this. ;(

stampwithsandy said...

LeAnne you must have been reading my mind, because I had this cute little flower in mind with a very similar layout for this challenge! So, so cute and happy! And I can't believe you stamped that sentiment on ribbon. Amazing!

JoAnn said...

Cute card. Love the colors.

Debbie Mageed said...

Spring is coming but it sure arrived with your card! I love that adorable stamp!! Fun playing with our old stuff and seeing something new we can do with it is half the fun of crafting. I love how you stamped directly onto your ribbon and will have to give that a try.

Lisa Elton said...

Your sentiment looks terrific on the ribbon, this is adorable LeAnne!! that little happy faced flower is cute. So many of our neighbors lost trees and shrubs last year. I'm afraid to see what this harsh winter has left us with. Just put in a new lilac last spring, hope it survives!!

Bonnie said...

What a pretty, happy flower! Love all that yellow that makes me feel happy!

Carol L said...

What a sweet and adorable card! I had to chuckle as I made a card with yellow polka dots today too! lol GMTA :)

Karren said...

Oh this is such a sweet image - it does indeed have a happy smile! Gorgeous, Spring-like card.

laurie said...

Such a sweet daisy card, makes me smile. And Cassidy does, too!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love yellow - this card is SOOO happy! That cute little flower is perfect for a CAS card and I love the DSP background layer. As for the stamping of the sentiment on ribbon - genius LeAnne!

Marybeth said...

Hi LeAnne, I know long time. Had to tell you how much I love this bright and sweet card. Love the stamping on the ribbon. Cassidy is growing up fast and she looks beautiful!

Shannon Jaramillo said...

Oh my goodness, I LOVE your card!! Such pretty colors and that little stamp is a favorite of mine!! I may just have to case this!! And genius to stamp ON the ribbon-I love it! When I first saw the ribbon I thought it was a retired one that came in a Christmas set a few years ago, but that one was Old Olive. I must have missed this one...wait, there's a ribbon out there that I DON'T have?? Eek!! Lol. Great job with the challenge!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Such a bright and cheery card, LeAnne! Stamping on ribbon? Why am I not doing this more often? Love it! Thanks for the inspiration, once again! :)

Nance Leedy said...

OMGosh, stamping on RIBBON?! How clever are you? Pretty darn clever. I love the texture that little snippet of ribbon adds. What an adorable wee flower too! Precious!

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, what a happy card this is! I love that little flower! How clever are you to stamp on ribbon! Such a pretty card for Spring! Hope you have warmer days soon! XX

Claire Grantham said...

Gorgeous card. I love the stitched layers. Cx