Saturday, March 21, 2015

FMS178 and MM150

DSCF8694

Happy Saturday, everyone!  I’ve been very neglectful in keeping up with my Christmas cards, so I made some cards this morning to remedy that!  I used Karren’s Merry Monday challenge of “gifts”:


and the Freshly Made Sketches sketch for this week as well:

for my Christmas card:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Merry Monday 150 Christmas Stampin

Very Vanilla has been neglected in my craft room lately, so I stamped the gift image from My Creative Time’s Just For You stamp set in Gold Glory ink on some VV cardstock, then heat-embossed it with Gold embossing powder and trimmed it down.  I mounted it on a Soft Sky panel that was dry embossed with a snowfall-type EF, matted and bannered it with Gold Encore cardstock and it was finished!  And just for fun, I made another card with a vintage Santa image holding a 45 record that looks like a gift:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Merry Monday 150 Vintage Santa Record

I used a Cosmo Cricket sentiment and snowflakes, stamping the flakes on some CC DSP called Garden Variety, but it fits my Christmas colors very well!

Thanks for visiting today!

Cassidy and Supergirl Elsa:

DSCF8555

DSCF8557

11 comments:

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Hi, LeAnne! Your cards are delightful as always! Love the light blue with gold - very elegant and Santa is super adorable (as is your beautiful granddaughter!) So glad you could play with us this week!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Pretty cards today (I don't really want to be thinking of winter or snow or cold right now though;) but I'm sure you get that). I love your take on the FMS and the pretty colour combo.
Hi to Cassidy:)

Kristie Goulet said...

Love the colors you used on your first card. So pretty! Santa is adorable. :)
So great seeing your card in the MM gallery! Hope your snow has melted.

Tenia Nelson said...

Wonderful cards!!

Lisa Elton said...

Terrific cards LeAnne! The first is simple, but kind of elegant too. Love the vintage Santa!!

Karren said...

Fabulous cards, LeAnne! I love the vintage image and the gold-embossed gift is so cute and clever! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches and Merry Monday.

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Great way to combine both techniques LeAnne! Your card is super cute! Thanks for playing Merry Monday this week!

Debbie Bonczek said...

Love your card. I was visiting from Merry Monday, but I recognized that sketch right away.

Bonnie said...

What a classy present, Lee Anne! And I love that jolly Santa! I think Elsa makes a wonderful super hero!

Susan Powell said...

Love the colors and the embossing on your first card! And that Santa is adorable!

Kim S said...

What a fabulous use of the sketch - that fun present is perfectly showcased. LOVE your use of gold and Soft Sky. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.