Friday, March 6, 2015

FMS176 and CMCC61

DSCF8404

Happy Friday, happy end-of-the-week, everyone!  I had a lovely snow day yesterday…we got about 10” of it, and I stayed inside and stamped most of the day!  I always love playing with the Freshly Made Sketches challenges; they have a long and skinny layout for us this week:
I actually made two cards for the challenge!  On my first attempt, I totally spaced out on the ribbon placement, so I’ll show you the second one first:

DSCF8417

I know it’s SAB and all, but I really am missing some of my old favorite stamp sets, so I paired Postage Due with the Adventure Bound DSP for a mix of old and new!  I made a tag from Newsprint DSP and brayered it with ink, then mounted the postage stamp and an image from Traveler in there too!  I punched little banners with the Small Banner punch and lined them up at the bottom.  I tied it all together with some silver baker’s twine.

DSCF8419

My sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes.

For my original card, I chose the monochromatic challenge from Colour Me…! – yippee, it’s orange!  Tangelo Twist, to be exact!
I had a hankering to make some tulips using the wing from the Bird Builder punch, so I punched them from some TT cardstock, sponged all the edges and assembled my card, turning it on its side:
DSCF8400

I stamped the stems from Lotus Blossoms in Sahara Sand and added some TT ribbon, tied with Linen thread.  The sentiment was originally going to be at the top, but I smudged the side of my card with some Sahara Sand ink, so that’s how I “fixed” it!!  I also made a custom envelope with some Confetti Celebration DSP!

Here is a closer look at the tulips; I added highlights with the Chalk Marker (love that thing!):

DSCF8402

Thanks for visiting today!

Staying inside on these cold winter days can be challenging!  We got out the big Lego blocks for some construction activity:
DSCF8342
DSCF8352
The goal was to make a building taller than Cassidy!
DSCF8357
We did it!  She even added a little man on top!
DSCF8365-001

16 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Well you know your s/s/s cards make my heart happy.....just love it! But your bright tulips are lovely as well. ..... Especially on this 6 degree morning!

Denise Willerton said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE ~ LeAnne your cards are fabulous ~ I love all the elements along with the bakers twine...absolutely stunning!!! and your tulips are perfect ~ sweet sweet cards ~ and Cassidy's Great Wall is excellent, well done!

Jenny Engelke said...

What beautiful cards! The tulips are so bright and fun and the vintage father's day is completely incredible! Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Colour Me! ♥

cindy said...

LeAnne......Love the tulip card!!! How sweet and simple for spring....thank you for sharing!!

Cindy in Florida

Darlene Gabriel said...

Denise and I were creating together yesterday and the FMS challenge is the one I was working on. I'll be uploading it to SCS soon, but I just love the different take we all have on the sketch. Your cards are beautiful! I love the vintage/blue one. The second (1st) one is stunning. Your tulips look so real - they are beautiful!
Great job on the building Cassidy;)

Anonymous said...

Two beautiful cards!! Great creative idea to use the bird wing punch and create your own tulips. They are just gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing with us at Colour Me this week. :) Julia

Colleen Dietrich said...

These are both neat, LeAnne, and each so different in style! I love punch art, so the tulips really speak to me, but I also love collages and vintage, so that first card grabs at my heart too! (and yes, I know you love your postage, so was not surprised that you visited Inspired by Stamping's site today ;)

How much snow did you get? I'd say 9-10" over my way. We all had a snow day, though hubby worked from home. It was NICE to be home on a Thursday, now that I work full time. What a treat! I spent many hours in the craft room.

Enjoy your weekend, and don't forget to set your clock ahead tomorrow night!

Jan Clothier said...

Your tulips are so clever and I really like the tangelo twist card but my favourite is the father's day card. So detailed and so balanced. Just amazing!

stampwithsandy said...

These cards have such different styles, an example of what a diverse stamper you are, LeAnne! I love the first vintage style card with all its layers and details, but the tangerine tulips stole my heart! Love your use of the white gel pen on the petals. I'm so happy to see you playing along this week at Colour Me, too! Hugs!

lisa808 said...

Pretty cards. Love the tulips. So creative. Cassidy has definitely inherited your creativity.

Lisa Elton said...

A pair of wonderful cards LeAnne! Your vibrant orange tulip card is swoon worthy, my goodness!! Love seeing Cassidy with her little hand up at her head to measure, so cute!!

Margaret said...

Blue on blue for the Father's Day - I need to try that! Thanks for sharing.

Amy O said...

I love how you can take one sketch and make two totally different cards! I wouldn't have thought of using the stamp set on the first one for a masculine card, but it works perfectly. The pretty, bright orange tulips and polka dots on the second card make me happy. It's always good to see one of your cards in the gallery at FMS, LeAnne!

Basement Stamper said...

both of them look fantastic but I love that first one-such a great masculine card. WE got your cute card this week too-Syd loved it!

Marisa said...

Two great cards. ADORE the tulip one :)

laurie said...

Looks like you both kept busy..making cards and building blocks! I love that tulip card..so pretty!