Monday, March 9, 2015

AYSI77

DSCF8438

Happy Monday, peeps!  Hope you had a great weekend….we had so much fun sledding on Saturday with Cassidy!  The temps were reasonable, the snow was plenty deep to make a great run and soon it was so slippery, we ran right into the swamp at the end of the hill!  I’ll share pictures during the week!

I have a quick card for you today; this is for the As You See It challenge:

AYSIChallenge077

Oh my goodness, PURPLE and speed stamping!  Yikes!  My friend Jen had a beautiful card (all her cards are beautiful, just sayin’) and I just felt like I had to play along!  The young man up the road uses his 4-wheeler to “plow” our driveway this year, so I made him a loaf of bread and wanted a little card to send with it.  I do not do much with purple, but I remembered that I had a bunch of DSP left from the In Color Concord Crush, so I relied on one of my favorite quick layouts and the SAB set Simply Wonderful:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Simply Wonderful Stampin Up Thanks

I used the Postage Stamp punch to punch out the squares and a retired small star punch to punch a star from Wisteria Wonder, and embellished it with a brad.  I glued down the squares,  stamped my sentiment and it was done!  I didn’t time myself but I know it was less than 10 minutes!!! 

DSCF8440

And here is another cutie in purple (along with a naked Baby Alive doll!):

DSCF8311

Thanks for visiting today!

6 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Purple is my fave!! Love that fun card and all of your photos to match!! :)

Carol L said...

What a great purple card with all those wonderful patterns! Miss Cassidy looks pretty doggoned cute in purple too :)

Lisa Elton said...

Love your take on purple, cute card LeAnne!! This photo makes Cassidy's eyes match her coat!!

stampwithsandy said...

Speed stamping... only every tried that once and failed, LOL! Your card however is perfect. The sentiment works perfectly with those dsp squares. Please tell Miss Cassidy that even her eyes look a bit purple in this picture! Has she been eating purple Jello?

Heather Cooper said...

Everyone is getting purple this week!! lol I love the clean and simple layout and all the great purple patterns! Thanks for contributing this week to As You See It Challenges!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Cassidy looks adorable in purple - almost as much as in pink, heehee;) I like your purple card and less than 10 mins too......way to go. It was the speed stamping part of this challenge that scared me this week (and then it turned out that I didn't get any stamping done at all anyways......speedy or slowly)