Wednesday, March 25, 2015

CAS Easter

DSCF8770

Hi everyone!  I have a simple card for you today, as my sinuses have once again knocked me for a loop!  I took it easy yesterday but I did manage to get in a little stamping time!  This card is for three challenges!  The Kraft Journal’s Make It Monday 216 was a CAS faith card; the Retro Rubber challenge is to use embossing powder:

RRCB10

and I loosely used the sketch from RetroSketches:

I got some free cards in the mail (you know the ones!) and I tossed the cards, but kept the envelopes, as they were a bit larger than the standard A2.  They came in handy, because this card had to be made a bit larger in order to accommodate the lovely Darice cross embossing folder I used:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Embossed Easter Cross Happy Easter Stampin Up

I used a Crumb Cake card base and a piece of Simple Stories’ Harvest Lane for the rustic floral panel. I matted my Very Vanilla piece on Cherry Cobbler, then heat-embossed the retired sentiment in Cherry Cobbler ink as well:

DSCF8768

I don’t typically think of these colors for Easter, but I think it’s a nice departure from pastels!  Hope you like it!

A note to my local Stampin’Up! customers:

My apologies in advance; you don’t know it, but my granddaughter plays with your purchases before I can put them in your bags!  I promise you, they’re perfectly fine!  Sometimes she sings to them:

DSCF8734

sometimes she lines them up:

DSCF8742

and sometimes she stacks them up:

DSCF8752

Thank you for allowing your purchases to entertain her for a good 45 minutes!  Enjoy your day!

19 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Lovely card....perfect for Easter! And oh those pics of Miss C made me smile......such fun! Hope you are feeling better!

Katie Skiff said...

This is soooo beautiful, I love the background, it's amazing!! Thanks for playing with Retro Rubber!! Cute granddaughter - got to train them young!!!

Kristie Goulet said...

That embossing folder is amazing! Gonna have to go look to see if I can find it. WOW!
I love the pictures of sweet Cassidy! Hope you are feeling better everyday. Hugs!

Patricia said...

Too funny

Queen Mary said...

What a gorgeous embossing folder Leanne! I'll have to find it! And I think Cassidy is so fun!

Kay said...

Beautiful card. Where can I get the folder? Grandchildren are such a blessing.

Darlene Gabriel said...

What a gorgeous card. I love it! Pretty DP and a wonderfully CAS design. I love that embossing - I must look for that folder.
I'm sure all these SU products work much better for your customers because of the attention and singing they get from Cassidy before being delivered;)

Christine Traversa said...

Beautiful card!

Unknown said...

Stunning card and granddaughter! Love it when you play along with us at Retro Rubber...

Neva Cole said...

Beautiful card! I will now have to find the embossing folder as well! Such a great message for Easter! The simplicity of the card allows both types of embossing to really shine. Thank you for joining us at Retro Rubber!

Bev Gomez said...

love that texture folder! Beautiful Card!

Debbie Mageed said...

Beautiful card! I love your non-traditional Easter colors! And I have to say, you never have to apologize for entertaining kids! My mother always said, "anything for a quiet life" so play on! Adorable photos!!

Marsha said...

Oh, this is so pretty. I have that EF and forgot all about it. Thanks for the reminder. And thank you for entering your lovely card in the Kraft Journal Challenge.

Lisa Elton said...

Sorry you're not feeling well LeAnne, is seems to be following you! Your card is pretty, that is a marvelous embossing folder. How cute that Cassidy adds an extra bit of sweetness to your customer's orders!!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love that embossed cross LeAnne - and the subtle flowers behind it. Such a beautiful Easter card. As for Miss Cassidy - what fun! No harm in checking everything is in order - a handy helper indeed and a great way to keep her occupied. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Jane Knudsen said...

Oh so beautiful! I love the embossing folder! Very striking card! But I will admit - the pics of your granddaughter won my heart! After all, who doesn't want to play with all the new goodies - and singing to them - most excellent!! Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber!

~Tammy~ said...

This is beautiful and love that embossing folder. The colors do look great! Thank you for sharing with us at The Kraft Journal.

Karen Letchworth said...

Your cards are always the sweetest, and I enjoy them so much. Thank you SO MUCH for sharing in our challenge this week, and please join us again soon.
Blessings,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

BethAnn said...

I just thought I'd share with you that I'm going to case your card for an exchange with ladies in my stamping card club. I know that you made this 4 years ago but it's a good one. Possibly, I could send you a picture of mine when it is finished.