Sunday, March 29, 2015

Paper Players 238

DSCF8820

Happy Palm Sunday, peeps!  We have a brunch today at church, so this will be short and sweet!  Claire is our sweet hostess today at the Paper Players, and she’s got a Tic Tac Toe challenge:

Now, I am sure you’re expecting something springy, but I haven’t made a Christmas card for a while, so I thought I would use the center horizontal line of die-cut, sequins and glue to make a pretty card using the Merry Monday theme of “trees” and the Just Add Ink sketch:

So here we go:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Paper Players 238 Peace and Joy Christmas Tree

I had about 45 minutes to throw this card together and I made it just in time!  I recently purchased this fun tree die from Simon Says Stamp, so I cut it out of some Brushed Silver cardstock, mounted it on a Shimmery White tag and popped it atop a little white doily.  While rummaging around in my cardstock drawer, I realized I hadn’t used Baja Breeze for a long time, and it was one of my favorite shades of blue, so I used that for my base.  I embossed the sentiment from Good Greetings in silver EF and then added these amazing sequins that I got as a freebie from Verve: 

DSCF8819

They are SO pretty in their iridescence! 

So, what will you create with this fun challenge…the possibilities are endless!  Check out what the design team has done with it:

It is STILL very cold outside here in PA, but I took Cassidy out last week anyway just to get some exercise!  She had fun using a plant stand as a basketball hoop:

DSCF8821

Well, you’re sure to get it in if you stand directly above it, LOL!

DSCF8828

DSCF8824

She had fun, anyway!  Enjoy your day!

24 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Funky and fun with just a touch a retro! Cute!

Kristie Goulet said...

Oh, I love this funky tree LeAnne! Love the sequins!
Love your star plant stand/basketball hoop. LOL!

Bonnie said...

I LOVE this awesome tree and sequins! As always, it's so good to see you at Merry Monday! Cassidy is very inventive!

Linda said...

Very sweet card. That tree is really neat.
Love the basketball star! So cute.

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

LeAnne, what a wonderfully bright and festive card!! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Merry Monday - miss you!

laurie said...

Love that tree die, and so cute to put the sequins inside! Have fun at the brunch!

And isn't it funny what kids can come up with while playing!

Deborah Frings said...

This tree is absolutely fabulous - love the sequin baubles!

Debbie Mageed said...

You made me look at the tic-tac-toe board one more time with your list of ingredients. lol You can never start early enough for holiday cards in my opinion. I Love your tree die with its modern look and iridescent sequins!

stampwithsandy said...

A 45 minute card? Stop it! That never happens! At least not at my house. Well I am quite impressed, LeAnne. you did a superb job and I love how you filled the swirls in the tree with those pretty sequins. Please tell Miss Cassidy that I think that the cute star shaped plant stand would look perfect filled with colorful balls!

Lisa Elton said...

What a fun tree die! This is festive and fun LeAnne!

Karren said...

Great job combining challenges, LeAnne! This tree die is gorgeous and might have to go on my wishlist :) Love those sequins too!

Louise Sharp said...

45 minutes! Wow LeAnne, you certainly rocked it, especially when you had three challenges to meet the brief! Your tree and the sequins look fabulous. Thanks for sharing your 45 minutes of awesome with us at Just Add Ink this week! Louise xo

Christine Blain said...

Such a pretty, sweet, card LeAnne! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. :)

Basement Stamper said...

The sequins look great with this die cut. I finally just got around to posting my card with your sketch from last week, always late to the party :-)

Anonymous said...

Stunning, great colours and a wonderful way to used the sequins. Chantell JAI

jengd said...

Fun quick card! I'm with you- those sequins are fabulous. And very creative on Cassidy's part. Bet you never thought you were buying a basketball hoop when you got that. :)

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, I just smiled when I saw your Christmas card! SO fun to step out of the box! Your tree die is fabulous! I love all the sequins and the fact that you made it in 45 min. is very impressive! Miss Cassidy is so funny! I will come shot some hoops with her! All Indiana girls play basketball! XX

Nikki Spencer said...

What a stunning combination LeAnne! So clean and simple, with a real wow! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh wow this is gorgeous! I've never seen that fabulous tree with it's swirly leaves - but I just love it! I also adore those pretty sequins you've added to finish off your wonderful Christmas card. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

A beautiful card to be completed in such record time LeAnne! I love that modern stylised Christmas tree and those sequins are just gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Beautiful tree die! And your sequins are the perfect fit for it!! Wonderfully clean and simple!!

Nance Leedy said...

Icy, cool perfection LeAnne! Those iridescent sequins are gorgeous and baja breeze is the perfect compliment to them. Love that tree die too. I can't believe you made this fabulous card in 45 minutes--wow!

Jaydee said...

mmmm... I'd been ignoring this tree... but I don't think I can ignore it any longer! The sequins with the silver embossing are gorgeous. I love it
hugs
jaydee

Anne Marie Hile said...

Such a fun card, LeAnne! I love the detail from the blue rhinestones. :)