Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Such a Lazy Stamper

Happy Tuesday, everyone! I have been a lazy stamper the last couple of days....plus it snowed overnight (first in over 700 days, LOL) so I have been in that "snow day" kind of mood. So the cards I am sharing are ones I made last week....no challenges, just some fun stamping in my craft room!

Today is Wayne's birthday, and I know that he is chomping at the bit (or the pole, or the lure, or whatever it is that fishermen chomp at) to go fishing! He got lots of fishing goodies for Christmas, so I decided to make him a fishing-themed card for his birthday, using the Gone Fishing bundle:


It's all just stamping, diecutting and layering on a Mossy Meadow card base; the sentiments are from Biggest Wish and the retired Endless Birthday Wishes.  I went a little overboard on the inside:
 


I used some more of the Let's Go Fishing DSP as well as sentiments from the Trusty Tools and Best Family Ever sets.  

My next card is a CASE from Lori Heiling...hers is much cuter; you can see it HERE.  I made mine a bit simpler, and used different stamps and paper.  Who remembers the Etch-a-Sketch?  Lori is so clever!


I added an acetate "window" on my Etch-a-Sketch (wouldn't a shaker card with gray glitter be fun too??) and put it on a wobbler mechanism so you can really SHAKE it!!!


My sentiment is from Super Cool and the stars are cut using the Give It A Whirl dies....a hidden gem that I don't use enough!  On the inside, I added a few more stars, a sentiment from Throughout the Year and the soda image from Super Cool as well:


So fun, I can't wait to mail this out to someone of a certain age, LOL!  Thanks for popping in today!  Enjoy it and be blessed!


First Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Gone Fishing, Biggest Wish, Endless Birthday Wishes (ret), Trusty Tools, Best Family Ever
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Mossy Meadow, Let's Go Fishing DSP, Metallic paper from my stash
 Ink Mossy Meadow, Real Red, Blueberry Bushel, Old Olive, Pecan Pie, Crumb Cake
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Gone Fishing Dies, Stylish Shapes Dies, Flirty Flamingo Marker

Second Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Super Cool, Throughout The Year
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Smoky Slate, Real Red, Smoky Slate DSP, Acetate Sheet
 Ink Basic Gray, Real Red, Early Espresso
Accessories Dimensionals, Wobbler Mechanism (Amazon)
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Give It A Whirl Dies, Nested Essential Dies, 1" Circle Punch (ret)

6 comments:

Karen in Florida said...

Two more of your amazing cards, LeAnne! Wayne is gonna love his birthday card!
The etch-a-sketch card is so cute, too!
Good job & thanks for sharing!

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne, I bit immediately! Wayne is sure to be lured in! I love each and every lure and DSP!
Remember it?? I had the original for YEARS! until I gave it to my grandson and he couldn't resist tearing it apart to see what was inside - a bad move on my part, for sure! Tom once did a portrait of my Dalmatian with it! and I got pretty good at writing cursive!
Your card is fantastic!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

Those lures are oodles of fun and Wayne is sure to love this card! Your Etch-a-Sketch is too cute. I think they still sell them, even mini ones!

Lorraine said...

Looks like some fun stamping time. Your so good at masculine cards!

Tracy Grauer said...

Happy Birthday to Wayne! Your cards are wonderful! Love them both. Enjoy the snow days!

Linda Callahan said...

Great birthday cards - and yep I had an etch a sketch!