Thursday, January 4, 2024

AHSC558 Sympathy

Happy Thursday, everyone! I needed another sympathy card, sadly, and while lying in bed unable to sleep one night, I thought about how to use the AHSC sketch for it.  Here's the sketch:


I remember doing a technique many years ago using the torn edge of a piece of paper and a brayer; this one is similar, but instead of a brayer, I used a blending brush:


I used three colors of green:  Soft SeaFoam, Garden Green, and actually the bottom layer is two colors...Shaded Spruce, which was too blue, so I blended Old Olive over top of it!  I am okay wtih the blending but it was rather plain, so I added some stamped trees to the right side, a sympathy sentiment at the top and a few little Garden Green "sprigs" for embellishment.


I added a Bible verse to the inside and it was good to go!  Thanks for popping in today!

Over the holidays, I picked up my knitting again, and even did a little sewing!  Here are a knitted Christmas tree, a knitted candy cane, and a felt ugly sweater...all made into ornaments!



My sewing was not so hot on this one....I need to adjust my stitch length!  But the diecut tree and sequins were perfect!  The die is from Impression Obsession.


And this little Santa/gnome....well, let just say he was an experiment!  I told Dana his bobble nose looked more like a pig, LOL!


I experimented with entrelac (interlace) knitting too.....practice, practice, practice.  Nothing to show for that, but hopefully my plan to make a scarf will come to fruition!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!





Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Here's a Card (ret), Forest of Trees (Flourishes)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Garden Green
 Ink Garden Green, Soft Sea Foam, Old Olive, Shaded Spruce
Accessories Evening Evergreen Twine (ret)
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Nested Essentials Dies, Pretty Pines Dies (ret), Blending Brushes

10 comments:

Carol L said...

I really like the soothing green colors of this sympathy card, and your ornaments are all delightful and cute. Happy New Year!

Alyson Mayo said...

Great interpretation of the sketch - love the shades of green. Thanks for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts :)

I Card Everyone said...

Such a perfect sentiment, LeAnne - and really lovely blending over the torn edge of that paper.
Your talents know no end! These are darling little ornaments!
=]

Linda Callahan said...

Love this monochromatic beauty! And your hand made
Projects are adorable!

Dena J said...

Sympathy cards are surely among the most difficult, and your lovely peaceful greens are just right, LeAnne. Thank you so much for sharing at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge. (Adorable ornaments :-) )

Lisa Elton said...

So peaceful and lovely, LeAnne. I love the sentiment. Look at you, those ornaments are too cute!

Kim S said...

I love what you did with the sketch. I gave it a try with some ripped, patterned paper - but it all went into the trash. Your use, with the soft shades of green, is lovely - and just right for a sympathy card!

Brandi said...

I love the stamping detail on this card, subtle but pretty! Thanks for playing along with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

Brandi R.
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Michelle said...

I love the look you created with our sketch. The beautiful shades of green are so calming. Thanks for sharing at Atlantic Hearts.

Golden Goddess Designs said...

you did a wonderful job with this sketch. I just love, love the tree! great job and good luck. Thank you for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch challenge.

Alicia