Sunday, January 21, 2024

PP673 Winter Friend

Hey there, stamping friends!  It's Sunday and that means it's time for a new Paper Players challenge with Claire as our hostess!  She's got a very timely CLEAN and SIMPLE challenge for us this week, and I mean timely, because we just finally got some snow!  It's been over 700 days since we've had any!  So here we go:


Just a few days ago, I snagged this adorable Colorado Craft set; I've been wanting it for a while and it was on sale, so it was serendipity!  Here we go:


I stamped my image on a single piece of Thick Basic White cardstock so I could do some watercoloring; I used Versafine Black for my ink and Crumb Cake, Pool Party and Pumpkin Pie inks to color my little friends:


I found a wee little snowflake stamp in some of my Paper Pumpkin stamps and lightly stamped it around them....in hindsight, I could have added some glitter...I may do that yet!  I stamped a sentiment as well, but I really wanted it to be a Christmas card, so I added this on the inside:


Since most of the US has been under super-duper cold weather, I hope you'll find some chilly inspiration and stamp something with us this week!  Just remember to keep it clean and simple:  minimal layers and embellishments!  Check out what the other designers did over at the Paper Players blog!

I actually did have some winter fun on Friday....John and I went sledding down our front yard hill! I was wishing Cassidy could have been with us, hopefully she did some sledding at her own house! It was PERFECT sledding weather...it wasn't windy, the snow was light and fluffy, it was wonderful!  At my age, I only went down a few times, but it was a blast!  Thanks for popping in today!  Enjoy it and be blessed!




Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Just Add Snow (Colorado Craft), Paper Pumpkin (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Thick Basic White
 Ink Versafine Black, Pool Party, Crumb Cake, Pumpkin Pie
Accessories
Tools     Aquapainter

11 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I'm so happy you snapped up that set, LeAnne! It is such a darling scene and you've colored it so beautifully!
Having seen your front yard, I can imagine how fun those trips were! Good to bring the kid out every once in a while!
=]

Tracy Grauer said...

Glad you and John had some snow fun! Your card is perfect and I can see why you wanted this set! So cute!

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, this is just the sweetest! I love this little pair and that sentiment is priceless. Your watercoloring adds so much dimension to your CAS card. I am so excited your went sledding. I would love to do that one more time! SMiLE!

Bonnie said...

So sweet, LeAnne! Love everything about this card!

Linda Callahan said...

Adorable! Those CCC designs are sooo cute!

Vicky Hayes said...

What a brilliant find that stamp set was LeAnne! The image and sentiment are adorable and I love the snow you created around them.
I'm very impressed at you going sledding! Vicky x

Lisa Elton said...

This is adorable! Sounds like you and John had fun!

Ann Schach said...

Oh, LeAnne! It just doesn't get any cuter than this. I can see why you wanted this set. It's absolutely perfect for clean and simple cards. And the sentiment is as sweet as can be! Oh my gosh...I have not been sledding in decades. What fun!

Denise Willerton said...

such a sweet card LeAnne!!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What an adorable little set LeAnne, well worth snagging and so perfect for CAS/one layer cards. I am disappointed not to see any sledding photos though - sounds like a lot of fun!! Enjoy the snow; it has warmed up here this week compared to last, so no sign of the white stuff.

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, this is one of the cutest stamps I've ever seen! how absolutely adorable is that image? Using it on a clean and simple card allows us to enjoy these guys without distraction.
just love it!
hugs
jaydee