Tuesday, January 30, 2024

52CCTD A Little Stitched Star

Happy Tuesday, peeps! I have a fun Christmas card for you today; I've not used the Patchwork die lately, so I decided to use it for the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown challenge, which is to use stitching!  


Normally, I would get out my sewing machine and do some actual stitching on my card, but I was lazy, so after diecutting the two panels from some retired Lights Aglow DSPs, I assembled them back together on a Basic White panel, adhered them onto a Soft Succulent card base and added sentiment from Paper Smooches.  For the sewing part, I diecut two white felt stars and sewed them together with some embroidery floss and added a gold sequin to match the gold dots on the papers:



Since I told you I was lazy, I only put the stitched star on one card, LOL!  But I did add an Evening Evergreen scallop border to my sentiment on this one!!  Two more cards for my Christmas stash!


Thanks so much for popping in today!  Enjoy it and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps All Yule Need (Paper Smooches), Swirly Stars (Close to My Heart)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Soft Succulent (ret), Evening Evergreen (ret), Lights Aglow DSP (ret)
 Ink Cherry Cobbler, Versamark
Accessories Felt, Gold Sequin from my stash, Embroidery Floss
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Stylish Shapes Dies, Patchwork Dies,  Layering Circles Dies (ret), Country Stars Die (Shady Lane)

12 comments:

Carol L said...

These cards are so unique and pretty with those wavy die cuts and I especially like that pretty little stitched star.

I Card Everyone said...

It's just the sweetest star to wish upon, LeAnne! I love the DSPS you chose for your patchwork and it's so good to see these wonderful Paper Smooches sentiments again!
=]

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This is so cute LeAnne - I love the stitched star, the perfect focal point! I am hoping to have a play with this one too (having discovered the perfect never-before-used die last week that will be perfect!)

Tracy Grauer said...

Super cute, LeAnne!

Lisa Elton said...

That little stitched star is darling! Two delightful cards, LeAnne!

Dotty Jo said...

This is gorgeous, LeAnne. Such a sweet card, and one that would fit in just great over at The Christmas Kickstart Challenge. Closes tonight at 11.55 pm GMT, Jo x

Fabiola said...

elle est charmante et adorable LeAnne, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52CCT, biz

Linda Callahan said...

I love these! Wonderful layout and terrific mix of pattern and color!

Kim S said...

These are so fun! I've had those patchwork dies on my maybe list but I think your cards just convinced me I need them!

AndrejaM said...

Beautiful Christmas card. You used the sewing technique perfectly Thanks for playing at 52 CCT challange.

Valentina B said...

Lovely Christmas design with faux stitches. The patchwork is very fun and interesting. Love how you added the white star with real stitches. Thank you for joining us at 52CCT, Valentina DT

Andreja said...

What a beautiful festive card :-)) I like your sewing ❤️
Thanks for playing with us at 52CCT!