Sunday, January 28, 2024

PP674 You & Me

Happy Sunday, everyone!  Time for a new Paper Players challenge, and Jaydee has chosen an interesting slimline sketch for us today:

 

I admit that slimline cards intimidate me a wee bit, isn't that silly?  So I put on my big girl panties and went to work! It did help that I used the Inspired By photo as a starting point:

AND the fact that I just got these dies gifted to me...that helped too! Here we go:


I diecut some stitched squares from Smoky Slate heart-printed DSP, then added the "you & me", diecut from Polished Pink, Poppy Parade, Smoky Slate and Basic White.  I added some Tim Holtz diecut alphabet Xs and Os.


The retired Great Greetings provided the sentiments, and those cute little red hearts are from the current mini catalog:


I had just re-inked my Poppy Parade ink pad.....so my inside sentiment was a little wonky!  I'll give this to John, he won't notice, LOL!


I hope you'll play along with us this week! The design team samples will knock your socks off!  Be sure to check them out at the Paper Players blog....then show us yours too!  Thanks for popping in today!

And speaking of hugs and kisses.....I snagged these from my niece's FB page. I think Jameson will be an awesome big brother:





Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Great Greetings (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Smoky Slate, Poppy Parade, Polished Pink (ret), Smoky Slate DSP
 Ink Poppy Parade
Accessories Dimensionals, Adhesive Hearts & Flowers
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Stylish Shapes Dies, You & Me Dies (Scrapbook.com), Alphanumeric Classic Upper Dies (Tim Holtz)

14 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

You started out with the cutest GRAY and that arrow shot straight through my heart, LeAnne! What a darling card!
Jameson looks as though Cupid has done his work in that household, too - in a Big Brother-ly way. How adorable!
=]

Linda Callahan said...

Great sketch and your kid card is adorable! As is that little guy holding the baby!

Bonnie said...

Such a fun valentine, LeAnne! I think that's one blessed baby girl!

wienerhoneymooners said...

What a SUPER card!!!

Denise Willerton said...

sweet card LeAnne and sweetest Big Brother!!

Lisa Elton said...

What a fun Valentine! I like that the arrow points to the cute little sentiment. Love the sweet pick of Jameson with his baby sister!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love your take on the inspo photo and that fancy & is so cute! A fresh and modern Valentine's card. Jameson and his new baby sister are just precious!

Claire Broadwater said...

What a fun, graphic, eclectic Valentine! I love the symbols and the arrow pointing to the sentiment, Such a great way to use this sketch!
What precious little boys, too! Love it!

Rae Kryc said...

Slimline cards intimidate me a bit too, but you NAILED it here!! Great take on the Inspired By challenge!! Thanks so much for playing along with us :)

Dawn Fields said...

So cute and fun!

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, I love what you did with the sketch. I love how you added the XandOs onto the squares. Thanks for making my sketch shine
hugs
jaydee

Ann Schach said...

Oh, LeAnne! I just adore these X's and O's die cut from Polished Pink and Poppy Parade. They look great against the Smoky Slate hearts. And what adorable pictures of Jameson! He is definitely going to be a wonderful big brother!

Anne Marie Hile said...

This card is fun with a capital "F"! I love the whimsical way you added the elements and the bright colors really pop on the clean design. And little Jameson...he looks so proud and happy. Adorable photos!

Laurel said...

Love this! Thanks so much for playing along at Inspired By!