Sunday, January 14, 2024

PP672 Black, White & Bright

Happy Sunday, peeps!  Today is my Hostess Appreciation party, so this will be quick!  Anne Marie is our Paper Players hostess and she has a fun color challenge for us!  Black, white and a pop of color is always fun:


I had a little turtle diecut from Zany Zoo floating around on my desk, cut but unused from a couple weeks ago, and I thought to myself, why not color him in a bold, bright green and use him for my card (and get another piece of paper off my desk, LOL!)?  So that's what I did!  Here we go:


I used the Atlantic Hearts Sketch for my layout:


and I used three patterns of Parakeet Party for my horizontal panels.  They all went on a Parakeet Party mat that was embossed with the retired Dotty Hearts embossing folder.  I colored my little turtle with some Blends, combined a couple of sentiments on a Stitched So Sweetly panel then stamped some music notes and added some sequins to finalize my card:


A sentiment from Zany Zoo also went on the inside:

I think someone will enjoy this little crooning turtle for their special day!  Now, how will you use black, white and a bold color?  Please hop over to the Paper Players blog to see ALL the creations from the design team! I am sure you'll enjoy them and may get some inspiration from them as well!  Thanks for visiting today! Enjoy it and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Zany Zoo, Circle Sayings, Endless Birthday Wishes (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Basic Black, Parakeet Party, Parakeet Party DSP
 Ink Memento Black, Parakeet Party
Accessories Lemon Lime Twist Sequins (ret), Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Zany Zoo Dies, Stitched So Sweetly Dies (ret), Dotty Hearts Embossing Folder (ret), Blends

15 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

SO turtle-y cool, dude-ette! LOve that green!
=]

Tracy F said...

What a super cute card! Love that cute little turtle and all the bright green! Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketches.

Dena J said...

Fantastic color and papers to go with your singing turtle. Just love that fun image and that embossing folder is marvelous. Just a perfect card, LeAnne. Thank you so much for sharing at AHSC.

Tracy Grauer said...

Super cute! I love your bright green turtle belting out a happy birthday! I don't remember that EF but I like it!

Karen in Florida said...

I love your card! The colors are perfect and the singing turtle is the best!
He's just so darn cute! Huggs from down-right cold Florida

Bonnie said...

Love this from the embossed background to the crooning turtle, LeAnne! What a fun card!

Linda Callahan said...

That green is fabulous with black and white! Cute card!

Lisa Elton said...

Love the his little lips look like he's saying 'you'! Cute card!

Brandi said...

Oh my he is just adorable belting out Happy Birthday, I love it! Thanks for playing along with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

Brandi R.
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, your little green singing turtle just makes me smile. I love that you kept the colors to a minimum and those papers are fabulous together. Great take on the sketch, too
hugs
jaydee

Ann Schach said...

Adorable, LeAnne! Who can resist a cute turtle serenading them on their birthday? Parakeet Party definitely "pops" against the black and white. And look at all that texture! LOVE it!

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, this is so FUN! I love that little turtle and that shade of green is just fabulous! Polka dots and embossing are two of my favorite things. Such a fabulous card!

lichazul said...

Cute cute turtlešŸ¤© congrats
Happy day

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I so love this little singing turtle LeAnne - he looks like he's having so much fun and the green is so cheery too!

Anne Marie Hile said...

It doesn't get better than a singing turtle! This is such a fun card! I love the pop of bright green and all of the fabulous texture. Thanks for rocking my challenge this week!