Sunday, January 7, 2024

PP671 Happiest Birthday

Hello crafty friends! It's time for a brand-new round of challenges from the Paper Players!  We have two new guest designers this year--Jolanda Johnstone and Cynthia Stevenson--so be sure to stop by the blog and give them some encouragement!

Our first hostess of 2024 is Ann and she's chosen a perfect theme for us, one we all need--birthday celebrations!

It gave me a chance to break out a beautiful stamp set from the mini catalog called Stippled Roses.  I had my friend Robyn in mind when creating this card, as her favorite color is purple and she just celebrated her birthday!  So here we go:


It is so easy to create an impressive card with this gorgeous image! I stamped it in Highland Heather and diecut it with the matching dies.  The background was also stamped in the same ink; I used the smaller rose and the vintage words from Quiet Meadow.  They were stamped in Versamark ink so as to not overpower the florals.  The sentiment is also from Stippled Roses, simply stamped on a narrow panel of Basic White and the edges were snipped by hand.


On the inside, I stamped a sentiment from Timeless Arrangements and used a retired Ornate Frames die to cut the white panel as well as a Gorgeous Grape scrolled panel to highlight it:


I look forward to using this set a lot more in the future!

We all need birthday cards, so I hope you'll be inspired to play along with us at the Players this week!  Stop by to see what the design team created as well as our new guest designers!  Hope to see you in the gallery!  

A few more treats from Longwood:




Thanks for visiting today!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Stippled Roses, Quiet Meadow, Timeless Arrangements
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Highland Heather, Gorgeous Grape
 Ink Highland Heather, Versamark
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Stipped Roses Dies, Ornate Frames Dies (ret)

8 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I adore these stippled roses, LeAnne - what a gorgeous stamp and card for your friend! You created the perfect background, too!
OH, those Poinsettias make me happy - I especially love the 'stippled' reds!
=]

Tracy Grauer said...

Beautiful card with a whole lot of purple! And the poinsettias are also beautiful!

Lisa Elton said...

What beautiful roses those are! This is a fabulous bday card for your friend!

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, that third poinsettia has me dying to get out my paints - I just wish I could do that image justice - it is gorgeous!
Oh... so is your card, btw. I love the vintage feel and how you kept the colors to just the purple with a touch of white. That image is beautiful and you really showcased that with this layout. I bet your friend loved this card!
hugs
jaydee

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful in purple, LeAnne! I absolutely love this stamp set. This is a perfect card for so many occasions. All it would take would be to simply switch out the sentiment. Thank you for making such a wonderful card for my challenge this week!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I told myself I did not need this stamp set LeAnne as it isn't really my style - but your fabulous monochrome purple creation is going some way to trying to change my mind lol! I'm a sucker for purple and this card is just lovely. You and Ann are making it tough to resist for sure!

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, this is gorgeous!!!!!! I love the purple and all the beautiful roses. The vintage feel of your card is so you!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Pretty in purple! I just love the detail in that image and the stamped background really makes it pop. Such a beautiful card!