Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Inkspirational 306 Happy New Year

Happy Tuesday, peeps! I trust you had a good New Year's day....I traditionally spend it "undecorating", and that's exactly what I did! I turned on the Mummer's Day parade - a Philadelphia-only tradition - and went to work!  So now all is back to normal, but I do miss the pretty holiday decor!

I did have a wee bit of time to stamp a New Year's card, something I don't think I've ever done! I send out lots of Christmas cards, but I wasn't able to send one to my dad's cousin, as he and his wife had moved and I didn't have their new address.  On Christmas eve, we got a card from them, with their new address, so I decided to participate in the Inkspirational's Mood Board and make them a Christmas/New Year's card.  Here's the board:


I was inspired by the chevron stripes of black and gold, so I pulled out some Basic Black and Gold Foil cardstock, my Basic Borders dies, and diecut two chevrons.  I remembered some black and white Christmas tree paper from last year's hostess set, and since I wanted to convey belated Christmas wishes as well as New Year's, I paired the paper with the chevrons:


I filled in the stars with a gold Painty pen, and added a few gold sequins for pizzazz!  I gold-embossed this sentiment from Country Bouquet:


and stamped a sentiment from Throughout the Year on the inside:


And it's winging its way to its recipients!  I do admit that I feel a bit rusty in the crafting department, though!  I can't wait to dig into some new goodies!  Thanks for popping in today!

I only got a few pictures from Christmas.....Eden and Ginger in their sweaters lasted about five minutes, LOL!




Enjoy your day and be blessed!

6 comments:

Bonnie said...

What a great way to use this mood board, LeAnne! Happy New Year to you!

I Card Everyone said...

Fabulous way to bring in their New Year, LeAnne! Festive and a very fun way to bring that chevron to the party!
=]

Wendy said...

Both doggies look wonderful in their holiday coats! They are so cute! Great card for New Years! So glad you got their new address to send a card. Love the tree paper and the zig zag diecuts! Perfect New Years card, LeAnne! Hope you got everything un-decorated. Mine is all put away now but cleaning is slow to happen especially with Shawn being on vacation this week! Happy 2024, my friend! :)

Lisa Elton said...

Cute use of the mood board, this is fun, LeAnne! The pups look cute in their sweaters and Cassidy looks more and more like Dana the older she gets!

Linda Callahan said...

Your card is so stylish! Captured the mood board perfectly!

Julia Aston said...

Wow - how long have we known each other LeAnne?!! I remember when Cassidy was a baby and you were just starting babysitting her - I really saw her grow on your posts and what a beautiful lady she has become! and the pups are adorable too! So happy you found inspiration from the Ink Moodboard - and I love the combination Christmas/New Year design you created! thanks for playing along at Inkspirational and Happy New Year my friend!! Julia xx