Friday, April 14, 2023

Tis the Season

Happy Friday, peeps! I have been very neglectful in keeping up with my Christmas cards; it's a bit challenging when the temps are in the 80s!  But there were some fun challenges around, so I put on my elf hat and went to work!  I used the sketch from TSOT, the Peace on Earth Day challenge from Jingle Belles (use something recycled) and the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown color challenge of red and green:




I began with a white card base and I found this knit-embossed panel in my stash; someone gifted it to me a long time ago and I have been hoarding it!  Time to put it to use!


Many years ago, my creative friend Michele sent me these Papertrey sleds; this is the last one in my little stash!  I mounted it on some Shaded Spruce and Basic White panels that were embossed and diecut, then I embellished it with some greenery and a little brass bell that was recycled from a gift package my friend Sandy gave me!  The wood-grain circle is also recycled; when Michele sent me the sleds, she sent them in a cool wood-grain envelope, which I carefully unassembled and used the flap to diecut a circle!  Thanks, Michele!


Both sentiments inside and out are from Simon Says Stamp.


Thanks for visiting today!  Enjoy it and be blessed!



Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Two Feet Deep (Papertrey), Christmas Blessings (Simon Says Stamp)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Real Red, Shaded Spruce, Tranquil Tide (ret), Woodgrain from Michele
 Ink Real Red, Shaded Spruce
Accessories Brass Bell (ret), Green & White Baker's Twine (ret), Mini Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Radiating Stitches Dies, Stylish Shapes Dies, Softly Falling EF (ret), Christmas Blessings Dies (Simon Says Stamp), Knit Die (unknown), Two Feet Deep Dies (Papertrey), Season of Cheer Dies (Concord & 9th)

15 comments:

Wendy said...

This has got to be the prettiest Christmas card ever, LeAnne! I love the inside and outside as you decorated this so beautifully! That sled is adorable decorated in greens and the jingle bell and that embossed red panel pulls it all together! Well done on using up stuff that you had in your stash. Just love everything about it! Stay cool....tomorrow rain comes! Yay!

I Card Everyone said...

I feel like we had the day together making that beautiful card, LeAnne! How wonderful that you found a way to use those bits and pieces on one card - even the knitted embossing is one of my favorites - I might have sent you that, too?
Thanks so much - it's a gorgeous Christmas card, right down to that sweet little bell from Sandy!
=]

Dena J said...

I LOVE sleds on cards, and this is really a stunning example of how pretty they look all dressed up for a holiday. Gorgeous deep embossing behind. Thank you so much for sharing at Try Stampin' On Tuesday.

Lisa Elton said...

I like the way you decorated the sled, what a pretty little bell! Wonderful card, LeAnne!

Goga said...

Fantastic red and green card, Goga

Rosmarie said...

Beautigul card and super combination with our colors and the sketch!! Thank you so much for playing along with 52CCT. Rosi x

Denise Willerton said...

I live this sled so much! I used to decorate our front porch with one when we lived on the acreage 💕. What a stunning Christmas card LeAnne 😊. Have a blessed weekend

Polly said...

This is such a pretty Christmas card! Absolutely love the sled! Thanks for joining us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday.

Kathy said...

Leanne, your card is so pretty. Thanks for sharing it with us at 52 CCT this past week. Smiles, Kathy

Lorraine said...

It's gorgeous in red and green and that sled is so sweet. Love what you did with the woodgrain!

Barb Finnical said...

LeAnne, I just love these sleds! I saw your card over at TSOT and had to come see where you got them. I’ll bet you’re sorry to have used the last one up. Beautiful card! 💕

lauren bergold said...

WOW! Impressive use of multiple recycled/upcycled elements and of course you've made them into a truly gorgeous card! Well done! So happy you could join our WEarth Day fun at Jingle Belles!

SmilynStef said...

That tiny brass bell is the perfect embellishment ... so very glad you joined our Earth Day celebration at Jingle Belles.

Donna Scholz said...

LeAnne, what a great holiday card you've created using our Try Stampin' on Tuesday sketch! Love all the embossing with warm woolen sweater for the red background, and the radiating stitches on the frame is just right!! Thank you so much for sharing your card and talents with us at TSOT!!! -Donna

kramer_buffy said...

Love how full of texture this card is:
Thanks so much for playing with us at Try Stampin' On Tuesday Challenge,
-- Dalis
http://stamprgrl.worpdress.com