Friday, April 21, 2023

AYSI297 Zany Zoo Birthday

Happy Friday, stamping friends!  The sweet team at As You See It has asked me to fill in a few times over the next couple of months, and look at the first inspiration I get to play with:

What amazing, fun colors!  I just got the Zany Zoo set and thought how fun it would be to do some watercoloring on this cute little gater...or is it a croc?  Not sure!  Anyway, here we go: 


I stamped her in Black Stazon ink and used the challenge colors to fill in the image.  I did get only a wee bit of So Saffron on her basket but it IS there, I assure you!  I added a panel of Parakeet Party glimmer paper, some polka-dot embossed Coastal Cabana cardstock, and then added a sentiment from the same set on a Radiating Stitches die cut.  I also added a little banner from the Countryside Corners Dies:


I tied on some ribbon from the same bundle, then stamped a partial sentiment from the Circle Sayings on the inside, adding some confetti for fun:

These are such fun colors, I can't wait to see what everyone does with them!  Be sure to check out how the other designers used them, and let them inspire you to use them too!  Share them with us at As You See It!  Thanks for popping in today!  Enjoy it and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Circle Sayings, Zany Zoo
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Coastal Cabana, Gorgeous Grape, Parakeet Party Glimmer
 Ink Stazon Black, Parakeet Party, Coastal Cabana, So Saffron, Gorgeous Grape, Gray Granite
Accessories Dimensionals, Zany Zoo Ribbon Combo
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Radiating Stitches Dies, Layering Circles Dies, Countryside Corners Dies, Polka Dot Embossing Folder (ret), Aquapainter

12 comments:

Wendy said...

Happy Friday! This is so adorable, LeAnne! Love the gator and how beautifully you watercolored him! The colors are spot on with the challenge! Love the texture that your EF adds and the stitching from the dies! So cool!

I Card Everyone said...

I think it's a whole croc of cuteness! Well done, LeAnne - you're a great guest!
=]

Vickie said...

I agree with the above “a whole croc oc CUTENESS’…..great pun….really fun LeAnne…love the colors. We actually get those gators in our backyard pond…sometimes they sun in the yard…like them in the pond.

Kampin' Karen said...

Living in SWFL, I know it's a croc because they have "V" shaped noses and alligators have "U" shaped noses. We have alligators in the lake across from me and sometimes they wander out of the water and into carports!! No matter what, you colored him perfectly and it's a cute card.

Linda Callahan said...

This is adorable! Love that crazy croc! Such a fun card!

Tracy Grauer said...

Love your cycling gator and those stitched dies!

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

LOVE this card, LeAnne! The layout, the colors, and that ADORBS croc!! Adding this suite to my next order FOR SURE!! Have a great weekend. :)

Bonnie said...

Whether a gator or croc, he is adorable and looks like he's having so much fun on his bicycle! The bird in that inspiration is amazing!

Lisa Elton said...

He's holding his feet up like he's saying "weeee!!" Too cute, LeAnne. Congrats on your fill in/guest gig!

Jan Clothier said...

LeAnne, it's great to have you back even for a short visit. What a beauty you've produced too.It's a great mix of texture and colour, all perfectly balanced as usual. I do like those dies you've used for the main panel too.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Welcome back my friend - and what a card to guest with!! This cute crocodile is adorable (and I convinced myself I didn't need this set lol!) Love the addition of the glimmer paper too! I've a fun story for you on the crocs v alligator debate: Jason once took part in a corporate team building event with his colleagues in the USA, and they were presented with a live baby alligator and had to pass it along a line of people, whilst reciting 10 alligator facts that the first person had been given, Chinese-whisper style. Apparently much hilarity ensued - needless to say, he can now recite the defining features of an alligator pretty quickly!!

Jane Knudsen said...

Leanne! I have missed you! I am so glad you are on my challenge and even better that you rolled out the perfect answer to these crazy colors! That gater is sweet and appears to be on a mission to maybe deliver those flowers! Fantastic job!